1) I respect and admire Abba for all they have given music (and they have given a hell of a lot). However, musically, they're just not my cuppa tea at all, but that wouldn't stop me singing along if I heard them in the pub
2) Guilty Pleasure band, I'd say Dragonforce. Saw them this weekend and whilst I know they're awful cheese and power metal muck, there's something about them that puts a smile on my face every time I hear them.
3) Sweets - too many to mention, but current favourite is probably a Double Decker.
4) I've been to France 3 times now and have loved the vibe I got in that country every time. I can forsee a longer trip there in my future.
5) It's scratchy when you're growing it - it gets to a certain length that's not quite beard, but definitely more than stubble and it's itchy as hell. Once it gets to proper "beard" though, it's grand except for the people that you might be hugging or kissing
1) I'd say the hour between 4 and 5am Not sure why, I think it's probably cause it was the quietest time for me when I was working night shifts and all seemed at peace with the world.
2) Jaysus, I don't know. I really don't. I have done some daft things in my life and some of them are definitely worth telling, but I don't know if that'd inspire them to madness or come across as a "heed my warning!" I'd definitely tell them about trips to music festivals and gigs etc
3) Some manner of big cat I'd say cause they're really cute when they're small, but an embodiment of predator when they're older. I would only "own" one though if I had a huge reserve of natural habitat for said cat and it was effectively able to live wild and occasionally swing by my "observation window" to let me know it was still alive and kicking
4) I did have to shave my beard when I entered the service industry - it was the same length as it is now and it sucked, but had to be done as I needed a job and they weren't overly enamoured with long hair and a wild beard. Currently, I've thought about it a couple of times, but not in any serious way.
5) I love Club Milks - especially with Tea!
1) Playing my first gig with my first band in the town hall in Castlebar - seeing 400+ people cheering for something I was a part of was mind blowing. Very little compares to the high of a public performance going well and a crowd loving it.
2) I really don't like dancing, I feel very self concious about it and uncomfortable in that sort of setting.
3) Canada (Toronto specifically I think), Seattle, New Orleans and some parts of Australia.
4) Kinda - I love cheese and onion crisps...
Totally bad ass! "Taken" only re-enforced that for everyone!
If you were a cat what colour would you be?
what tv shows do you like?
What did you want to be when you were younger?
what are you now?
are you tall?
have you ever dressed up as a girl?
do your parents annoy you?
you said you have a guitar tatoo any others?
do you hate anyone,like not really dislike proper hatred?
if you had to be named mr.something
what would you like to be known as?
How do you like your tea?
What were the toilets like at Hellfest?
I was some documentary on Virtual worlds tonight. They reckoned that 80% of internet users will have a virtual avatar come 2011.
Does that sound like Bullschiesse to you?
Best perk Dav has recieved working for boards?
Top 5 favorite forums?
Do you have any favorites food combos that horrify other?
What would todays theme tune have been?
1) Black - more Ninja like
2) Sci-Fi mostly. Recently finished Battlestar Galactica (the original was my favourite as a kid), am currently watching House and The Unit. Top Gear gets a worthy mention as it usually makes me laugh and there's fast cars!
3) I wanted to be a Colonial Viper pilot when I was younger (the fighters from Battlestar)
4) I'm a Community Manager for boards.ie and guitarist in a band and catcher for a softball team and a friend to many.
5) I'm 6' in height - some think that's tall, I think it's kinda average.
6) Twice - once for a drag party my mates were having (wore one of my mother's old ball gowns from when she used to be a singer in a cabaret) and once for SSF last Christmas Beers when orestes, Onkle and myself sang the "3 Little Maids" song from the Mikado.
7) My dad's been dead for 14 years, and that's kinda annoying I never got to know him as an adult (died the day before my 17th bithday) and I'm honestly not sure how we'd have gotten on. My parents had been seperated for years before he died, so he was always somewhat absent.
My mother and I are at a stage where we more or less get on. We didn't speak for a long time and it was not plesant living under the same roof and not talking. But things are somewhat better and there's a de-militarised zone around certain topics that may or may not ever get worked on.
8) I have the binary code of the date of my dad's death tattooed down the left side of my back. Have another 2 planned: 1 is a series of blood drops on my lower left leg and the other is a battered and abused Batman mask from The Dark Knight Returns (Frank Miller and Lynn Varley comic) that'll go on my right shoulder. I have another one in mind, but it needs a lot more thought. Basically, it'll reflect the 4 changing seasons and the natural cycle of the Earth.
9) Not really and I could never eat one whole! Kids, like people are evaluated on an individual basis for me, some I like, some are little ****s that need a slap and some manners.
10) Not really a Pizza eater.
11) I used to hate several people. I have serious anger management issues, but giving up some of the nefarious activities I used to partake in and some counselling has helped me though that. My life is better without hatred. Now, I just tend to pity people.
12) That's a tough one - Mr Waldron I suppose since it's my name Let me think about that one...
1) Strong, lots of milk, no sugar (also, has to be Lyons ).
2) Words cannot describe how horrific they were. Thinking about it now is making me queasy
3) I have an internet avatar and have had it for 12 years - you're talking to it Not entirely sure what the question means beyond that, please feel free to elaborate.
4) Being part of the "decision making" team for this wonderful place I call home on the Internet. That's kinda my job more than a perk, but it's a joyous thing for me.
5) In no particular order: Nocturnal (of course ), Games, XBox, Sex & Sexuality and Moderators.
6) I wouldn't say so, I'm very conservative with food.
7) Shellac's "Be Prepared" which you can hear here!
That might explain the statistic. The doco was about WOW type stuff. I was getting worried I'd have to start planning ensembles for Moonbaby.
But now that you mention it, When you go and revisit Kharn -12 years....What do you make of him?
What would we be surprised to know about you? (I'm surprised by the anger management issues...You have a contentedly placid air about you)
If you could magically acquire one skill....what would you chose?
What is the last great book you read?
Your favorite posession?
How do you take your steak? Burnt to a crisp or bloody as hell?
whats your favourite jimmy bond movie?
favourite jimmy bond bad guy and why?
Favourite book to movie adaptation?
Do you get annoyed with these "what is your favourite...." questions?
Any type of music that you don't like??
If you were a super-powered animal, what animal would you be and what powers would you have??
Who would you like to hit in the face with a large fish??
If you could have your band tour with any 2 bands, which bands would you pick??
Mighty Mouse or Batfink??
Anywhere in the world you would love to move and live in, where would you choose and why?
Do you like floods?
Do you say thank you for the music, the songs they're singing?
1) hahah, Don't know about that. Never played WoW myself, I have a life Kharn isn't quite me, but there's a lot of him in me. We've both grown up in different ways over the last number of years. I sometimes cringe looking at older posts Kharn's made here on boards or on other sites I used to frequent but at the same time, that's who I was and it was part of the on-going journey that got me to where I am today.
2) hmmm, not sure really. I have a placid air about me now cause I sought professional help for my depression and anger management and mostly because I really wanted to change who I was cause I hated who I was.
It might surprise you all to know that I'm actually very shy and reserved when I'm in a new or strange awkward social situation and/or with people I don't know.
3) This is a real tough one - if we're talking actual skill, then I think I'd love to be able to fly a plane. If we're talking comic book super power type affair, then I'd have to say something like Sylar/Peter Petrelli's ability to do what others can do so I could be an awesome guitar player or martial artist or something
4) I brought the afore mentioned Frank Miller's "Dark Knight Returns" with me to France on holiday and read it through twice whilst over there. May not constitute a great book for most people, but it's one of my favourites.
5) Probably my PC cause it has so much of my life on it That or my guitars. My Bat'leth in a close third place.
Favourite / best / funniest memories of