We Registered User

English Paper 2 was leaked in Louth Today. Possibly rescheduled. More info at rte.ie/exams

UPDATE 1: The SEC has announced the exam will take place on Saturday Morning, June 6th at 9:30.

A Helpline has been set up (lord knows why tbh, mountain out of a molehill): 1800 713 913

1 person has thanked this post
mink_man Banned

if it made ya feel good, believe it, but dont if ya get me!

2 people have thanked this post
english4490 Registered User

We said:
Ye so, friend just send me a text that he got from a friend or something...
Now I am in no way regarding this as absolute truth but apparently, said person was handed paper2 by accident and whats coming up was passed on, getting to me...

Again I'll say it, bull**** detector is ringing like crazy at the mo. But just wondering, is it even plausible that someone could be handed the wrong paper? In my school today I'm not even sure if the examiner had paper2 in the class, why would they anyway... ?

The supposed questions were all pretty much what has been predicted which at least made me feel good for a few mins before I actually copped that its 99% likely to be bollox..

and out of interest what were the questions???!!!

duffman13 Registered User

The papers are picked up from the post office, the whole school would've got paper two if there was a mess up. The supervisors only get the exam papers released to them at 8.30 and 1.30 in the afternoons so its pretty implausable that someone got paper two by accident. Sorry to burst your bubble

mink_man Banned

duffman13 said:
The papers are picked up from the post office, the whole school would've got paper two if there was a mess up. The supervisors only get the exam papers released to them at 8.30 and 1.30 in the afternoons so its pretty implausable that someone got paper two by accident. Sorry to burst your bubble

post office eh? wheres the damn light bulb icon!!!

2 people have thanked this post

We said:
Ye so, friend just send me a text that he got from a friend or something...
Now I am in no way regarding this as absolute truth but apparently, said person was handed paper2 by accident and whats coming up was passed on, getting to me...

Again I'll say it, bull**** detector is ringing like crazy at the mo. But just wondering, is it even plausible that someone could be handed the wrong paper? In my school today I'm not even sure if the examiner had paper2 in the class, why would they anyway... ?

The supposed questions were all pretty much what has been predicted which at least made me feel good for a few mins before I actually copped that its 99% likely to be bollox..

So he said that what every teacher in the country says will be on it IS on it, and then when you get it tomorrow and see the choices he'll be like 'See, I told you' when we (almost) know what's coming up anyway.

Looks like your bull**** detector works.

Extrasupervery Registered User

When our superintendent opened the paper 1 bag thing today she said "oh I better make sure they're not paper 2's"

It's on their list of things to do before the exam, incase they were packaged incorrectly.

It's plausable at least, but I wouldn't get too excited

mink_man Banned

/sniff sniff sniff
I think I get a smell of BULL****!

LivingDeadGirl Registered User

So I'll be okay with Keats/Cultural Context/Supernatural?

phasers Registered User

In my school the exam papers are kept in the caretaker's room

I know because I put them there myself last year. They all came together. I stil think the OP is bull though, they're quite well guarded and double checked.

SarcasticFairy Registered User

I just got the same text, or at least something very similar - MB question is deception, Cultural Context, Keats, Longley, Walcott.

I'm nowhere near Leixlip so unless paper two's are being leaked all over the shop, it's complete arse

phic Registered User

Yeah i got the same text...as much as I wish it was true, it's not.
Anyway they have different versions of the paper in case of leaks like that.
Not that I won't be revising everything that the text said would come up, just in case!

antomorro-sei Registered User

I got the same text

Those texts better not be true, Bishop is the only poet I know anything at all about.

happydayz182 Registered User

DmanDmythDledge said:
This same story comes out every year. Sick of hearing it at this stage.

jeez how many leavings have you done!

1 person has thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!