Mobhi1 Registered User

Maxed at 25.0 in back garden; now 14.3.

rc28 Registered User

Mmm, some of the temperatures posted on here are a little too high to be accurate- remember that temperature is recorded in the shade and not in your hand/in direct sunlight

Agreed Rc.

Meanwhile,it's just 19c now at 815am and beautifull.
Probably only going to rise a degree or 3 on that here due to the sea breeze.
My Weather station is after all located out in the middle of a field with a view 162ft above the irish sea..that tends to cool things [usually].

rhonin Registered User

rc28 said:
Mmm, some of the temperatures posted on here are a little too high to be accurate- remember that temperature is recorded in the shade and not in your hand/in direct sunlight

The temperature I recorded yesterday was in the shade.

Looks like its going be another warm one today

demakinz Registered User

are the temps accurate on this site geashill in offaly looks a bit high at 27 already.can some one check it out and see. http://homepage.eircom.net/~osprey/irish_mesomap.html

Outrageously warm as there is no wind to speak of.

rc28 Registered User

Warmer today as there is absolutely no sea breeze it seems. Dublin airport at 21c and Valentia at 23c even by 10am. Just beautiful- glad I'm getting the good weather now before I start work for the summer next week.

rc28 Registered User

rhonin said:
The temperature I recorded yesterday was in the shade.

Looks like its going be another warm one today

No I could believe your temperature but it's the other few who reported even higher that would raise eyebrows.

Weathercheck Registered User

Hot hot hot, very little breeze and the suns bearable for about 5 minutes before one profusely sweats!!

Interesting to see 11am temps.

Proper warm out there

demakinz Registered User

does anybody know the record high temp for ireland and when it was? maybe today will break it!
geashill in co offaly is at 29.6

DOCARCH Moderator

demakinz said:
does anybody know the record high temp for ireland and when it was? maybe today will break it!

Hmmm (x2) - see rc28 post #17 above. Demakinz, not to doubt you, but I suspect your thermometer may be over exposed?

21.7c here BTW. Light NE breeze.

Weathercheck Registered User

Valentia hits 24c at 11am

If it got no breeze kicking in could theoretically hit 30c

Breeze kicking into east, maxes probably reached, 22c in Dublin.

force eleven Registered User

demakinz said:

The record high is 33.3 I believe way back in 1887...but that Geashill temp is about 6C out at the moment I would say. Judging by Met Eireanns latest weather station temps - 28 is possible somewhere by 3 or 4 oclock today...I think the June record is 29C, so probably safe for now....

demakinz Registered User

i know the sound a bit to high for now.yeah i posted earlyer that it mightnt be right but im getting the temps from wunderground.com and irish weather network website.

check for youself http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=IOFFALYG2

http://homepage.eircom.net/~osprey/irish_mesomap.html

maybe i shouldnt trust the readings these sites are posting.
i dont have my own thermometer

DOCARCH Moderator

Something dodgy there demakinz!

22.3c here now.

The ground is still too wet for temps to go over 27c I'd say - need a prolonged dry spell for higher temps.

Got to 31c here in July '06 but that was after a month with no rain.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!