3smurf Registered User
#1

Hey all,
Just bought a 2000 nissan almera but the inside is in pretty bad nick..just wondering if anybody knows of a good scrap yard around galway where i can try and get some parts for the inside of it..Thanks

minxie Registered User
#2

Theres one on the headford road (curragh line)
another outside clare galway
ill pm you the numbers

biko Arbiter
#3

Any of these guys might be able to help

Nohilly Martin Cummer Tuam Galway
Headford Road Car Dismantlers
Kilchreest Dismantlers

ValerieR Registered User
#4

Traynors' in Armagh city deliver weekly in Galway from a carpark somewhere (not sure where they go now though). They stock a huge amount of parts and place your order for the following week.
ValerieR

minxie Registered User
#5

ValerieR said:
Traynors' in Armagh city deliver weekly in Galway from a carpark somewhere (not sure where they go now though). They stock a huge amount of parts and place your order for the following week.
ValerieR


Thats up in Doughiska in the car park
by the traffic lights off the Merlin road on thursdays
also seen them last thursday in Tuam about an hour or
so later

saved a packet on a window regulator off them
a few months back

#6

Hi can someone please tell me can you just go into the cars and start taking out pieces because I want speakers and wires and I would love to go tomorrow but I would like to know this Forster thanks

biko Arbiter
#7

Cars in scrap yards? No, usually you ring them first and see if they have the car parts you need, then you go over and speak to someone there and then go collect what you need.
Mind, most often the windows etc are broken so the interior is usually in bad condition. But hey, sometimes you get lucky.

Interceptor Registered User
#8

For insurance reasons they don't usually let you wander about pulling bits out.

'cptr

alibabba Registered User
#9

Do they buy full cars that are fit for the scrap heap?

hoodrats Registered User
#10

alibabba said:
Do they buy full cars that are fit for the scrap heap?

yes they will buy complete cars as long as they are not antiques but they will pay you as little as possible.

gilberto_eire Registered User
#11

minxie said:
Thats up in Doughiska in the car park
by the traffic lights off the Merlin road on thursdays
also seen them last thursday in Tuam about an hour or
so later

saved a packet on a window regulator off them
a few months back


Just wondering about specifics off this place?

He mentioned Merlin to me, but I couldn't understand the accent

sgthighway Registered User
#12

gilberto_eire said:
Just wondering about specifics off this place?

He mentioned Merlin to me, but I couldn't understand the accent


Its in the Car Park of the Castlegar Hurling Complex where the Merlin Furniture Store is. Head straight out the Dublin Road from Town - past Galway Crystal - past the turnoff to the Coast Road. At the next light take a right and its just there on your right.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!