• 22 (1.79%)
  • 23 (3.14%)
  • 24 (21.08%)
  • 25 (37.22%)
  • 26 (23.32%)
  • 27 (8.07%)
  • 28 (2.24%)
  • Atari Jaguar (3.14%)

Today, I'm 23 years old. Does that mean I've entered the age range of the mid-twenties, and as such the beginning of the slow decline into irrelevance and obsolescence, or am I still in my early twenties, and therefore warranted in my boundless optimism, at least for one more year?

In short, what ages are the mid-twenties, and am I there yet?

Iamxavier Registered User

I guess mid twenties is 24-27, but I could be wrong. In my opinion you are in your early twenties... I could be wrong though

im 28 and would consider myself in my late 20's. 25 would be mid twenties

Donny5 said:
Today, I'm 23 years old. Does that mean I've entered the age range of the mid-twenties, and as such the beginning of the slow decline into irrelevance and obsolescence, or am I still in my early twenties, and therefore warranted in my boundless optimism, at least for one more year?

Looks like you've a lot to be worried about.

peanuthead Registered User

Donny5 said:

Get out more

24, 25, 26

randylonghorn Moderator

Mathematically, 24 - 26.

Practically, as far as I've noticed, the mid-twenties seem to stretch from 26 to 29 years and 364 days!!

1 person has thanked this post
Holsten Registered User

25 of course.

Iamxavier said:
I guess mid twenties is 24-27, but I could be wrong. In my opinion you are in your early twenties... I could be wrong though

That's the answer I'm hoping for. Well, that and Atari Jaguar.

admiralofthefleet said:
im 28 and would consider myself in my late 20's. 25 would be mid twenties

That's the answer of the exact pedant, and the one I'll likely be using next year.

amacachi said:
Looks like you've a lot to be worried about.

Ah, I have some worries. Not many, but those I do aren't for After Hours.

peanuthead said:
Get out more

I wish! Haven't you heard about the Swine Flu: it's dangerous out there!

TheZohan said:
24, 25, 26

That's a nice symmetric answer, whilst being slightly less narrow a range than fleet's above. This would be my vote.

randylonghorn said:
Mathematically, 24 - 26.

Practically, as far as I've noticed, the mid-twenties seem to stretch from 26 to 29 years and 364 days!!

I've seen it stretched to the forties. Some people seem to be 21 again and again...

rainbow kirby Moderator

I'll be 25 in 2 months, and I'm damned if my mid-20s start before then

FruitLover Butt Demon

23 is borderline, but I'd count it as early twenties. 27 is definitely late twenties. Anyone who's 27 and trying to claim that they're still in their mid-twenties is going through a third-of-life crisis.

Donny5 said:
as such the beginning of the slow decline into irrelevance

Anyone younger than 23 is irrelevant. Congratulations, you've now become an adult.

BDJW Moderator

TheZohan said:
24, 25, 26

+1

eirebhoy Registered User

24 is still early 20's for me. 25 then obviously mid 20's. Then a year or 2 after that, whatever you feel.

sceptre Registered User

Donny5 said:

Depends.

If you were a girl, would you regard Bridget Jones as:
a) Someone to laugh at
b) A role model
c) A young one

Assuming you're a boy, do you regard Bridget Jones as:
a) Someone to laugh at
b) You would. You'd be lucky if you could
c) A young one.

If you're male, you probably still like cartoons. Given that this is unlikely to change, your age doesn't particularly matter until you start regarding Victor Meldrew as a role model.

Solutions:
a) Ignore it
b) Get over it
c) Wait till you hit 31 and date a 19 year old
d) All of the above

Hagar User 7841

Mid twenties for a man 24 - 26, for a woman from 29 up to about 35.

3 people have thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!