driverite Registered User

Over the last while i have noticed the burgers you get in eddie's are getting smaller and smaller, but you still pay the same. (starting at €6.75)

I Was in arklow twice recently and twice sent a burger back saying i didnt order off the kids menu. and a proper burger came back both times

And again it happened last night in donnybrook and the girl i said it too didnt think there was any problem with it. it was like a mcdonald hamburger, not 1/3 llb of beef.

I have a feeling they knowningly are ripping people off by doing this. The excuse they gave me was that the burgers come in that way

1 person has thanked this post

They havent earned the nickname "Empty Pockets" for no reason.

5 people have thanked this post
majiktripp Registered User

Haven't had that problem here in Galway to be honest. Their 2 for 1 offer's are great value I think especially when 3 lads sit eating six burgers....

okioffice84 Registered User

Going there to line Eddie's Pockets

MaxFlower Registered User

majiktripp said:
Haven't had that problem here in Galway to be honest. Their 2 for 1 offer's are great value I think especially when 3 lads sit eating six burgers....

Their 2 for 1 offer takes the price to a bearable level. Anyone that can hand on heart say their burgers at full price are correctly priced for what you get, needs to get out of this country more.
And OP, you confirmed what I think I already knew regarding the size - I don't go there very often so wasn't sure.

sham69 Registered User

Ended up there last Saturday night only because the girl in Abrakebabra (classy I know) who took our order forgot she did and we only found out 30 mins later when we went up to the till to pay.

In Eddies I got chick fillet burger, cheese fries and a coke and the missus got burger, garlic fries and coke and it came to 33 euro...
I nearly fell off the stool and it wasn't the booze that caused it.
Won't be going there again, food was average aswell to be honest.

See if you'd used a 2 for 1 voucher, two burgers would e7.50 instead of e7.50 each!

mathie Registered User

Where do you get these 2 for 1 vouchers?
Cheers

Kintarō Hattori Registered User

I've never seen the attraction of Eddie Rockets. The food is very average and terribly expensive. The only good thing about them are the Malts.

2 people have thanked this post

Bit of a limited menu but the food is alright.

My problem with Eddie Rockets is that it thinks it's better than it actually is. For long enough they got away with charging above the odds for their food, but of course people still always filled the place. They had dellusions of grandeur though and used to proclaim proudly "If you think you have reservations, you're in the wrong place". They never needed them. Until now.

If you look at their new menus they now have a reservations number and are available for parties and bookings like they never were before.

Davy Category Moderator

The voucher link posted is for galway only so here is one for free fries for all branches:

*valid mon-wed

sham69 said:
Ended up there last Saturday night only because the girl in Abrakebabra (classy I know) who took our order forgot she did and we only found out 30 mins later when we went up to the till to pay.

In Eddies I got chick fillet burger, cheese fries and a coke and the missus got burger, garlic fries and coke and it came to 33 euro...
I nearly fell off the stool and it wasn't the booze that caused it.
Won't be going there again, food was average aswell to be honest.

After 11 has the extra 10% too which doesn't help.

eth0_ Registered User

The food there is absolute MUCK. They really went downhill when they went overboard with opening more and more restaurants. McDonald's burgers are better quality!

Malts are the only thing i'd have in Eddie's.

rubadub Registered User

Kintarō Hattori;59679256
I've never seen the attraction of Eddie Rockets. The food is very average and terribly expensive.

I think some people are actually attracted by the high prices! Many seem to consider McDs or burger king to be "low class", but the only real difference is the prices. Its a great scam, charge lots and people think it is sophisticated or something, like a "real restaurant".

Some idiots like to pay over the odds or they do not feel they are getting "quality", like people sneering at €1 cans of unadvertised beer, I imagine these same people would be thinking "I wouldn't be caught dead in McDs" so just pay more for the same stuff in rockets.

jahalpin Registered User

I go to Eddie's quite regularly. The food is very good and the portions are very big.

The burgers in Eddie Rockets are freshly made and are not frozen

A double take burger with regular fries and a shake is about 15euro. For this you get;

- 2 * 150g burgers with swiss, chedder or blue cheese
- seasoned fries
- milkshake made from fresh milk and good ice cream ( with cream and oreos if you get an oreo one for the same price)

To get the same amount of food in McDonalds would cost ;

Quarter pounder with cheese meal (large) - 7.20
Milkshake upgrade - 50c
Quarter pounder with cheese - 3.80
Double cheeseburger - 2.00

Total = 13.50

It would cost around 16 - 17 euro in Burger King

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!