Conor74 Registered User

On Discovery last night.

Hilarious stuff. Not a Bear Grylls fan, it's as staged as it gets, stuff like finding a handy still warm dead sheep that had apparently fallen from a helicopter and landed right in the middle of a bog was nonsense.

But some nice scenery in it. Anyone know where it was filmed?

Evil Phil Contact Section

From the ads on Discover I'd say some of it was filmed in the Burren. Anyone got a youtube of it?

southie Registered User

i think board failte won't thank him, i doubt even during famine times people ate magotts out of a dead seal.

Alun Registered User

I watched it too last night .. absolutely hilarious. He goes off moaning about the dangers of the "treacherous" moorland and then immediately falls into a hole the size of a bus that anyone with a pair of eyes could have seen coming from 100m away.

Krusty_Clown Registered User

Thanks for the link. The sheep's heart was still warm?
Must have just freshly fallen from the helicopter!

Evil Phil Contact Section

Actually Its mucross head (apparently) but some of it looks like the mournes too.

Alun Registered User

There's an old thread on it here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055371066 .. so much for the NEW in the on-screen graphics!

The most interesting post is this one ... http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=57165836&postcount=19 ... obviously completely staged, as usual.

1 person has thanked this post
cavedave Registered User

That show is complete genius. Its ideal for a drinking game.
Drink every time

He gets his kit off and his blurry penis out.
He claims he might die. "hypothermia could fall from the sky and crush me like a knife" things like that
He does a 'dangerous' ab where there are camera shots above and below him at different times.
If he sleeps inside a dead animal that is two drinks.

Any other rules?

breadmonkey Registered User

Conor74 said:

Hilarious stuff. Not a Bear Grylls fan, it's as staged as it gets, stuff like finding a handy still warm dead sheep that had apparently fallen from a helicopter and landed right in the middle of a bog was nonsense.

As he approaches the sheep he says something along the lines of "the farmer has left this one out for me...."

He gets a lot of stick but he's certainly a great climber and can eat absolutely anything!

Conor74 Registered User

He says 'It's reeeeeally dangerous. 2 years ago 2 experienced climbers camped in this very area and one of them waas crushed dead by an egg laid by a passing hoot owl' or some other crap he makes up as he goes along.

breadmonkey Registered User

I'm sensing a lot of jealousy of Bear Grylls' dream job.

Conor74 Registered User

breadmonkey said:

Not from me.

I like Ray Mears. So much more matter of fact. So much more relaxed. So less inclined to try and tell me that death lurks at every bog hole and I need to kill a sheep to get by on the moors.

cavedave Registered User

breadmonkey

My dream job is to make stuff up and then lie to people about it. {INSERT BANKER/Politician JOKE HERE}.

How about Survivorman? I like that program.

Conor74 Registered User

cavedave said:
How about Survivorman? I like that program.

Not a fan. I'm 100% Ray Mears. Cut me open and I bleed Ray. Give me an R, give me an A...

Any time I've seen the Stroud guy, he's going on about how to survive in the desert...with just 3 teabags, a cannister of explosive, a cardboard box and a hat. But hey presto you can take the headband out of the hat and the material ignites on contact with the teabag to form a spark to light the explosive to blow away all the sand while you hide in the box etc. etc.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!