• Yes. Your penny pinching ways have caught up with you. Let this learn you. (50%)
  • No. Your truly a pioneer, like many trailblazers before you. (50%)
oxygen_old Registered User

I left it in the office fridge Friday, ate out. Today however I have no lunch, and kinda fancy a tuna sandwich.
Does two day old tuna make you sick? I made it Thursday night, it on brown, and it’s the tuna from a can, with mayo and sweet corn mixed in.

gman2k Registered User

No.

Its a well known fact that Tuna becomes lethal if not consumed 48 hours after being put in a sandwich.

aboutjo1 Registered User

CiaranC said:
Its a well known fact that Tuna becomes lethal if not consumed 48 hours after being put in a sandwich.

Eat it, its grand. I've eaten tuna sandwiches that have been left lying for months on end. Not a bother.

Enjoy

Dizzyblonde Whirling dervish

Is the office fridge working properly? If so, the sandwich might be ok. Bear in mind though that if it isn't ok you could be really ill with food poisoning. Is it worth it?

aboutjo1 said:
Eat it, its grand. I've eaten tuna sandwiches that have been left lying for months on end. Not a bother.

Enjoy

Sweet, that’s all I wanted to hear. On the way home, I think ill scour a few O Brien’s sandwich bins, search for some goodies in them.

Dizzyblonde said:
Is the office fridge working properly? If so, the sandwich might be ok. Bear in mind though that if it isn't ok you could be really ill with food poisoning. Is it worth it?

Judging by the fairly severe reaction of most of the posters, I'm going to say no, its not worth it. I will probably just bin it.

Thanks for advice guys.

emeraldstar Registered User

Ah eat it, it's fine.

the beer revolu Registered User

I wouldn't eat that sandwich if it was fresh!!!!!

Faith Mary Berry is my idol

No. That's 3 days also, by the way. Assuming you made it Friday morning before work, it's been about 75 hours. I wouldn't eat tuna after 24 hours, tbh.

All right. Here we go, Im going to eat it. If I comedown suddenly ill over night due to it, Ill post back up here. Fingers crossed.

1 person has thanked this post

6 hours later, feeling ok. Panic wasnt necessary.

Faith Mary Berry is my idol

Food poisoning generally takes 12 - 48 hours to present. Just FYI.

oxygen said:
6 hours later, feeling ok. Panic wasnt necessary.

Still ok this morning?

No reply - I hope the tuna sandwich hasn't taken its revenge

Dizzyblonde said:
No reply - I hope the tuna sandwich hasn't taken its revenge

haha, no I had a particularly busy day yesterday.

Feeling fine, no ill effects. So there ye have it, three day old tuna sandwiches are safe. Go ahead and eat with reckless abandon.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!