Michellenman Registered User

LeixlipRed said:
That dude studied in Maynooth? I don't believe a word of it. In fact I just googled and he went to the University of Virginia.

Apparently he did a year here.

First exam in 12 hours. Can't find my exam sheet thing. Can I get a new one in the morning? Anyone know where and how much?

You don't need it. Make sure you bring your student ID though.

Assignment due at 4...starting now. GO! GO! GO! GO!

PrivateEye Registered User

^best of luck!

How does this Summer/Christmas business work out in our grades, If I *just* fail a module exam after doing really well in its eqv. at Christmaswould I be alright?

One of these exams is looking nasty, the rest quite meh.

1 person has thanked this post
ScissorPaperRock Registered User

PrivateEye said:
^best of luck!

How does this Summer/Christmas business work out in our grades, If I *just* fail a module exam after doing really well in its eqv. at Christmaswould I be alright?

One of these exams is looking nasty, the rest quite meh.

I think if it's a compulsory module you need 40% or you have to repeat it. Otherwise, as long as it's over 25% you can compensate with other modules.

banquo Registered User

BUT - and this is the complicated part - you CANNOT pass an exam from one period with marks from another.

Say you have one repeat exam in augest, and you get 35%. You can't pass it by compensation with marks from Christmas or summer. If you just miss passing by compensation (i.e. there aren't enough marks to go around) then you can't pass a christmas exam with a summer exam.

Hmm, I failed a module with 33% at Christmas, a compulsory one, but I'm fairly sure the Academic office told me I can pass by compensation if I got over 56% in another module, which I did.

ScissorPaperRock Registered User

Rozabeez said:
Hmm, I failed a module with 33% at Christmas, a compulsory one, but I'm fairly sure the Academic office told me I can pass by compensation if I got over 56% in another module, which I did.

Actually there's a bunch of info here.

Apparently there's a difference between a required module, which requires 40% without compensation, and a compulsory one

Does that mean I've failed college?

Its alright we still love you.

One down, however many to go.

Beau Registered User

Please do my survey! Its on the viability of a Subway store in Maynooth, its for my thesis. There are only 9 questions so it only takes a second.

http://www.tigersurvey.com/survey.php?survey=10826

Thanks in advance.

1 nescafe instant cappucino + 2 spoons of coffee + 1 spoon sugar + hot water and milk + old skool manson + some chocolate = jumpy legs. An hour ago I was half asleep.

Michellenman Registered User

banquo said:
BUT - and this is the complicated part - you CANNOT pass an exam from one period with marks from another.

Say you have one repeat exam in augest, and you get 35%. You can't pass it by compensation with marks from Christmas or summer. If you just miss passing by compensation (i.e. there aren't enough marks to go around) then you can't pass a christmas exam with a summer exam.

I think it depends on the subject. I can't compensate over semesters in French but I can in Geography.

First exam out of the way. 4 more to go.

PrivateEye Registered User

First one tomorrow. Rye Hall. 12.30. BRINGERON.

It's not her I'm worried about, it's Wednesday.

The guy Registered User

First exam on monday.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!