CabanSail ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ʎɹobǝʇɐɔ

Is this for C&C?

Anouilh, are you looking for C&C on this or...?

Morrisseeee Registered User

If you are lookin for C&C, my 1st impression is that the dress is over exposed, but that could just be my monitor !

CabanSail ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ʎɹobǝʇɐɔ

+1 to Dress being overexposed with the loss of detail.

I also think that the light is way too harsh & is not flattering. Highlights on the face have lost tone.

The pose also is not to my taste. The positioning of the couple looking out of the frame adds tension to the shot, which is not what I would be trying to acheive in a formal shot. I like the tree as an intesting background.

Borderfox Moderator

Bride and Groom are too close in colour to the background, the Groom looks like hes looking down on the Bride (he is but also in a metaphorical way) Dress is overexposed too.

mikeanywhere Registered User

Same as above and when you go to the large size within Flickr, it looks soft, either out of focus or you moved slightly!!

Your ISO is too high also

paulkellypix Registered User

I clicked into the larger version on Flickr and it is very blurred.

Photo Properties are:

Camera: Canon EOS 400D Digital
Exposure: 0.003 sec (1/350)
Aperture: f/8.0
Focal Length: 214 mm
ISO Speed: 800
Exposure Bias: 0 EV
Flash: Off

Agree that the ISO 800 is too much

Paul

Simplicius Registered User

I am no expert on anything photographic but as well as all the other comments, the champagne glass is a mistake in my opinion, it should have been removed or else both should use them in unison, currently it reads like he has a drink problem.

Paulw Moderator

Simplicius said:
I am no expert on anything photographic but as well as all the other comments, the champagne glass is a mistake in my opinion, it should have been removed or else both should use them in unison, currently it reads like he has a drink problem.

I think she has a glass in her hands too, but it's not visible at all.

Eirebear Registered User

Simplicius said:

She has a glass, unfortunately the combination of harsh light and overexposure make it hard to see.

TBH, i think we may be being a bit harsh on the OP here. Judging by the pose i dont think they set the shot up, which as we all know makes a huge difference.

Eirebear said:
TBH, i think we may be being a bit harsh on the OP here. Judging by the pose i dont think they set the shot up, which as we all know makes a huge difference.

Until the OP comes back to say what reason he/she posted the image then we can only assume it is for critique as nothing was said in the original post.

Eirebear Registered User

mikeanywhere said:
Until the OP comes back to say what reason he/she posted the image then we can only assume it is for critique as nothing was said in the original post.

I know, i know. I wasnt having a go, just suggesting that it didnt look like the bride and groom where set up that way by the OP

Eirebear said:
I know, i know. I wasnt having a go

Me neither, you want a hug!!

1 person has thanked this post
AnimalRights Registered User

Picture looks very washed out to me.
I like the tree but as Borderfox said it is too similar to outfits wore by the couple, I would also like to see..just for the craic the Bridegroom with a can in his hand...

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!