Redpunto Registered User

So whats the best beer for not getting a hangover?? And nobody suggest a non-alcoholic one!

Creamy Goodness Registered User

i always get hangovers with beers, some worst than others

bud/carlsberg/miller = agony
paulander/hoegarden/erdinger = bearable hangovers.

whiskey = no hangovers.

that being that's that only goes for me and everyone else is probably different.

The best way to avoid hangovers with anything is to drink clever. Take your time (what's the point if you can't enjoy the flavour of your tipple?), drink water between pints (you may pee more but you won't dessicate your brain), don't mix drinks unless you know they compliment eachother (whiskey and stout work very well for me, but everyone'll have their own thing).

1 person has thanked this post
cooperla Registered User

not sure, but I find cider the worst!

I find guinness ok on the head the next day.

jpjc05 Registered User

cooperla said:
not sure, but I find cider the worst!

I find guinness ok on the head the next day.

Guinness can be ok on the head but 'sore' elsewhere

Jemmy Registered User

Creamy Goodness said:

whiskey = no hangovers.

that being that's that only goes for me and everyone else is probably different.

+1 on this, I drink Jameson and rarely get a hangover!

greatgoal Registered User

guinness is fine with me but heineken blows my head off the next morning.

heineken is the only one that gives me a hangover. Fosters gives me wicked heartburn though. Guiness no bother apart from plastering the toilet.

Redpunto Registered User

Sarky said:
The best way to avoid hangovers with anything is to drink clever. Take your time (what's the point if you can't enjoy the flavour of your tipple?), drink water between pints (you may pee more but you won't dessicate your brain), don't mix drinks unless you know they compliment eachother (whiskey and stout work very well for me, but everyone'll have their own thing).

You're being sensible

Sensible not allowed

According to the charter it's required.

Oh well, I tried. Enjoy your hangovers.

Redpunto said:

Sensible not allowed

[mod hat on]

Sensible is encouraged on this forum.

Non-sensible advice will be frowned upon.

[mod hat off]

Hmmm, I find Ales to be the best for me, so if I'm a normal "local" I'll stick to Smithwicks, or Macardles if they have it.

I cannot mix Guinness and Cider. Eugh.

Crappy lagers too, can't drink them.

bambam Registered User

from an offie: Warsteiner - lovely beer and very easy on the head the next morning

jkmanc1974 Registered User

Coors Light is a killer, needless to say have stayed away from it for a long long time now!

Brgds
Johnny

Hammiepeters Registered User

Logically, it should be beers with less preservatives. In Australia, Coopers would be a good candidate for no or little hangover. I find Heineken bottles to be particularly bad. Peroni on the other hand is no real prob. Realistically the damage is done through dehydration. If you're pissing more than you're drinking, you're gonna have a problem. If you have a couple of pints of water before bed and a neurofen if your head is starting to hurt, you will be fine. Same applies for wine. The cheaper the wine, the worse the head, broadly speaking.

byte Registered User

The worst hangovers I've experienced were from Heineken sessions, sore heads with that muck.

Coors Light isn't too bad for me, easier on the stomach than Bulmers.

I love Warsteiner, but have yet to find a local bar which sells it over the counter.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!