StephenB Registered User

Hey all
I was just wondering about selling DVDs to gamestop. i know they give money for DVDs but I was wondering roughly how much as i have a lot of DVDs that I dont watch and need some cash

Thanks
Stephen

super_furry Registered User

Feck all. €2 per DVD tops I'd imagine.

Redlion Registered User

it would be worth your while just keeping your dvds, or maybe you could try chapters. gamestop will probably give you less than 50 cent a dvd.

Stephen louis walsh has pie!

Sell them yourself on somewhere like adverts.ie, both you and the buyer will get a much better deal than you would trading them to gamestop.

2 people have thanked this post
noodler Registered User

Any lost Season 2 in your collection? Been wanting to pick that up cheap for ages.

chamlis Registered User

Do not give your DVDs to Gamestop so they can sell them again.
For 15 DVDs they were going to give me about €7 cash, some were box sets and all were mint condition.

I actually heard about a local Car-Boot sale on sundays near where I live, so I took my DVDs and PC games and a few original Xbox games. Made about 150 quid for all, got rid of everything, buyers were happy and I was happy and Gamestop did not profit from my loss had I given them to them.

Sean Templar Registered User

StephenB said:
Hey all
I was just wondering about selling DVDs to gamestop. i know they give money for DVDs but I was wondering roughly how much as i have a lot of DVDs that I dont watch and need some cash

Thanks
Stephen

They offer peanuts,they are there to make a profit on your DVD's.If you have alot of DVDS i would set up an account and sell them on EBAY.

Kenno90 Registered User

they give you like 2 euro it's hardly worth it , but i suppose if you have 100's you could net some decent money

sweetie Registered User

chamlis said:
Do not give your DVDs to Gamestop so they can sell them again.
For 15 DVDs they were going to give me about €7 cash, some were box sets and all were mint condition.

I actually heard about a local Car-Boot sale on sundays near where I live, so I took my DVDs and PC games and a few original Xbox games. Made about 150 quid for all, got rid of everything, buyers were happy and I was happy and Gamestop did not profit from my loss had I given them to them.

whereabouts please?

Gamestop gave me €1 for a mint condition series box set of That 70s Show. Yes , €1!!!

Don't sell your dvds to that shower. Like Stephen said, try Adverts.ie

Krieg Registered User

I honestly believe that the whole gamestop buy-back-dvd's thing is totally aimed at junkies

3 people have thanked this post

HAha! You might be on to something there actually
I've had stuff stolen by junkies actually... I used to wonder what use an REM dvd would be to them - would they say to their dealer "here, I can't afford any smack but is an REM dvd any use to you ? gwan, gizza bit"

chamlis Registered User

sweetie said:
whereabouts please?

This is in Kerry, but there should be car-boot sales everywhere, really.

Costs a tenner to drive in with your car, €15 if you've a Van.
If you're not selling it's free or maybe €2 or something.

They'd usually be on a sunday, some field or pitch or other open space but there'd be signs around as well. Anywhere there's ever been a circus would be a good bet

throw up a bit of a list and ill see what ya have. Have bout 300-350 dvds meself. Any box sets?

sweetie Registered User

alan dunne 27 said:
Gamestop gave me €1 for a mint condition series box set of That 70s Show. Yes , €1!!!

Don't sell your dvds to that shower. Like Stephen said, try Adverts.ie

you're a worse eejit to take it. i'd have given ye a fiver at least.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!