• Yes, both Sat 22nd and Sun 23rd (8.14%)
  • Yes, Sat 22nd only (15.12%)
  • Yes, Sun 23rd only (13.95%)
  • No (48.84%)
  • Maybe, I don't know yet. (13.95%)
Eo1n8wrd Registered User

Would be great to see and get involved in a new build, something for birds and fish would be good, possibly along the lines of a filleting or a boning knife ?

ronn Registered User

bird and trout knife for me

wicklow newbie Registered User

Lets kep this going lads. Really like to see what our ideal knife would look like. Would this grab more attention as a new thread?

Any one there?

mixerbarcoe Registered User

Lets kep this going lads. Really like to see what our ideal knife would look like. Would this grab more attention as a new thread?

Yeah i want to see this knife too...

Mauser 308 Registered User

Davy, what do you think There seems to be interest. Start a new thread with a poll, deer knife or bird/fish knife. Close it after say 10 days and if you feel its worth it go for it. Auction it off at the end. I am interested in one of ur hand made knife but want to see what will come out of this project. Deer knife for me, possibley a gut hook if that can be an option. Good steel, that will hold a serious edge once maintained. Bone or antler handle

Thats a good plan. What you reckon Davy?

transit260 Registered User

I have a new knife on the way.Its being made by JES KNIVES.I sent over a few goat horns and he is using these to make a fixed blade knife of around 5-6 inch blade.This for me will be a very personal tool as I collected the horn myself.I would class this as a very unique IRISH HUNTING KNIFE.Dont think there'll be too many of these about.

wicklow newbie said:
Thats a good plan. What you reckon Davy?

Any interest Davy?

Trying hard to keep this going people..... Work with me...

Hibrion Registered User

I can vouch for the craftsmanship of Davy's knives. Would be nice to see another thread like this on the go.

Come on Davy, any interest

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!