Bocban Registered User

Hi,

Anybody able to recommend a decent restaurant in Letterkenny, either traditional or Chinese.

Ta,

Bocban

smashey Administrator

Indian - Shapla on the port road near Kelly's Toyota garage.

byte Registered User

As regards a standard restaurant, The Oak Tree opposite An Grianán is good. Yellow Pepper and Lemon Tree used to be well recommended too.

There used to be a good Chinese restaurant beside Voodoo. Can't remember the name of it or if it's still open.

Beanstalk Registered User

Theres an Italian restaurant in a business park out by the Dry Arch roundabout, can't remeber the name, but its by far the best restaurant in Letterkenny imo. Apologies if its not what your looking for!

GSF Registered User

Beanstalk said:
Theres an Italian restaurant in a business park out by the Dry Arch roundabout, can't remeber the name, but its by far the best restaurant in Letterkenny imo. Apologies if its not what your looking for!

Weird place for it beside the NCT centre isn't it?

Supposed to be good though.

Beanstalk Registered User

It is a bit strange for a restaurant alright, you'd need to drive or get a taxi. I know its owned by a man called Davide Tullio and it is a lovely place. I just cant remeber the name!

GoldenGreen Registered User

think it is called la Fantaisie, might have wrong spelling, I would highly recommend it even if it is in a bad location. Also that Beetroot into is lovely too

Cherry Blossom Moderator

Another vote for the Lemon Tree! Pricey but well worth it

slogue Registered User

Was in new indian on Pearse Road last nite called D Chilli Shaker

A bit pricey but well impressed

Service quicker than Shapla too

Place is beside back of Sister Saras across the road from Gleneany house

madalig Registered User

The Lemon Tree is pricy but good, also down the road behind the grill there is a nice place, it's called I....... something i can't remember but the food was really good and reasonable prices, good attention to customers in there.

googlehead Registered User

slogue said:
Was in new indian on Pearse Road last nite called D Chilli Shaker

A bit pricey but well impressed

Service quicker than Shapla too

Place is beside back of Sister Saras across the road from Gleneany house

must give it a go, i like shapla lovely food,

i would like to see a mexican food restuarant in lkenny

jimbo32123 Registered User

Oak Tree - Lovely, the best IMO, large portions and beautiful food

The Brewery - Possibly the nicest soup in the country, lovely food in a lovely place.

Lemon Tree - Poor Poprtions and the food isnt that great, also the layout is terrible. They have an open kitchen and the noise is terrible!!

Yellow Pepper - Nice food, bit pricey but there menu NEVER CHANGES. its always the same, Medallions of beef and banoffie Pie is nice on it which has to be said. DONT HAVE THE STEAK JALFRIZZE, i had it twice both times it was just thick roast beef with peppers on in...

Beetroot - Indian spice, flutters and flavours thrown over EVERTHING, i dont think it works to well.

Steakhouse, Mountain Top - its ok, nothing over the moon just basic.

Shapla - not my seen, ate in it once, won't be back. Thats cause i do't like indian.

Mount Errigal - Good food, bit pricey aswell but relaxed atmosphere

RandomAccess Registered User

Oak tree, service was poor but the food good

Lemon Tree, unusual opening hours and quite a cramped restaurant. Food is excellent however.

Yellow Pepper, good service and food. Menu is getting a bit long in the tooth. They serve un-filtered tap water in jugs which is the worst tasting in town (dont know why!)

Beetroot, the place has little atmosphere, service is variable food is ok.
Shapla, very good food and service

Have not tried the chilli shaker yet.

If you dont mind a trip out of town try the waters edge in Rathmullan

Heres one that not many people know about,
The two restaurants in the Radisson letterkenny
Tribeca is more formal with great food.
The Oakk bar & Grill is fantastic value and the food is very good, its more of a sunday lunch location though.

muffler Moderator

Although I have never been in it I have heard numerous good reports about Gleneany House.

NickyOD Registered User

byte said:
There used to be a good Chinese restaurant beside Voodoo. Can't remember the name of it or if it's still open.

Still there but it's easy to miss. Owners name is Sunny. He does very little sit-in business, nearly all take-away but I prefer the food to the Tin-Tai.

If anyone else goes to the chilli shaker pelase report back!

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!