Anouilh Registered User

1 person has thanked this post
Xiney Registered User

This one is pretty colourful:

1 person has thanked this post
trooney Registered User

8 people have thanked this post
rymus Registered User

love it.. not only hugely colourful but great texture in it too.

Overall on the subject of 'most colourful' I think it's important to be able to strike a balance between colourful and too colourful. Playing with the saturation and/or vibrance sliders is all well and good, but not if you end up with something that looks like the result of a bad trip (unless that's the look you set out to achieve of course).

2 people have thanked this post
PaulieC Registered User

I was going to go for the obvious 'kids in funderland' shot, but this is quite colourful and not as obvious

4 people have thanked this post
elven Registered User

cambo, that's a bit crazy. Yerman in the middle is coming out of my screen! Cool.

I just realised that I mostly have the saturation slider at -40. I'm finding that it's lovely to have colour that doesn't slap you in the face, that makes you appreciate it more for its subtlety. I also like rich colours, which I think are different from bright ones:

6 people have thanked this post
PaulieC Registered User

elven said:
cambo, that's a bit crazy. Yerman in the middle is coming out of my screen! Cool.

It really is quite something in the flesh, as it were. There are so many different things going on it's impossible to take everything in at once...after I took this, I was politely but firmly informed of the no photography rule and asked to put my camera away.

Covey Registered User

I generally have the saturation slightly negative as well and never above +5.

There are other ways to get nice deep colours, that to my mind are more natural that the saturation slider.

bovril Registered User

consider yourself slapped elven!

23 people have thanked this post
elven Registered User

Oyyy!

I looked for that damned wall when i was there and didn't see it

challengemaster Registered User

elven said:
Yerman in the middle is coming out of my screen!

Giggidy

Class shot bovril

bullpost Registered User

2 people have thanked this post
Xiney Registered User

Personally, I'm a fan of slapping people with colour.

This may be because when they are printed, they're not quite as bright as on my monitor

4sb Registered User

Not the most garish colour pic I have, but I like the colours here.

my flickr

3 people have thanked this post
countryjimbo Registered User

Some nice shots here.

Took this one in Florida last summer, very little pp, these were the actual colours as a storm was just clearing!

10 people have thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!