http://en.akinator.com/#

this is freaky, how does it work?

m83 Registered User

It really is very very good. Easily programmed too!

javaboy Registered User

It works simply enough. Just like twenty questions. Think of a massive flowchart with lots of celebrities at the end of the lines.

Tried it with Robin Williams there. It clearly had it nailed when it started asking had he played the part of a woman.

The guy Registered User

javaboy said:
It works simply enough. Just like twenty questions. Think of a massive flowchart with lots of celebrities at the end of the lines.

Tried it with Robin Williams there. It clearly had it nailed when it started asking had he played the part of a woman.

If you pick a character he can't get they ask you to fill their name in at the end.

javaboy Registered User

The guy said:
If you pick a character he can't get they ask you to fill their name in at the end.

Yeah I saw that. I wonder if we can train it to falsely show up a non-celeb if we do him/her enough times?

He never knew that hassbender guy in eden lake, bet he wouldnt get des bishop.....

The guy Registered User

x in the city said:
He never knew that hassbender guy in eden lake, bet he wouldnt get des bishop.....

He didn't get Dylan Moran.

javaboy said:
Yeah I saw that. I wonder if we can train it to falsely show up a non-celeb if we do him/her enough times?

shall we?

javaboy Registered User

I've tried a few slightly less well known celebs and its failed miserably. It seems to waste an awful lot of questions asking are they Korean/Japanese/Brazilian/Israeli instead of nailing down a continent for starters. I think the AI involved is fairly basic/non-existent.

Mirror said:
shall we?

Yes. Probably the handiest thing to do is to take an existing celebrity and tweak a couple of details (name,nationality,age,religion) so that we can answer consistently.

Any ideas?

li@mo Registered User

It got Gary Neville

minxie Registered User

didnt get cheryl cole

li@mo Registered User

didnt get Brian Cowen either

I was guessing his ma and he got it.

I'm impressed.

Ads by Google Registered User

britney spears.. one of the questions at the end, "has your character even shaved their head?"

Frada Registered User

It got Maddox! Didn't expect that...

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!