Time Magazine Registered User

This thread is for discussing Bank of Ireland, the possibility of nationalisation, the share price, etc. Please post on this thread rather than making new threads about Bank of Ireland on this forum.

Thanks.

ranger4 Registered User

Nice rally with boi today, anyone in?

zod Registered User

when would you say that BOI will be completely safe from nationalisation ?

I need to pile into them to bring my average down, but I'm afraid of losing everything.

wyndham Registered User

zod said:

I need to pile into them to bring my average down, but I'm afraid of losing everything.

Your question is a contradiction in terms. Obviously, if and when BOI start to look a bit safer, the share price will have risen accordingly.

ranger4 Registered User

zod said:

I bought 52k shares with boi this morn but got out at 0.40, I am quite happy to take some profit and just daytrade with present market, with present uncertain market and large swings anything is possible.

neil.p.b Registered User

sorry to make another one of these, but i want to buy shares, in a way, i went through all the hassle of setting up a spread betting account with igindex only to find out that both banks are now close deals only (buying shares allowed, no spread betting on them) so where should i go to buy the shares? i want it to be online, with instant transactions and fast to set up an account. there's alot of opinions on spread betting places on here but no general concensus on where online is best to buy and sell shares. If anyone has any advice id appreciate it.

zod Registered User

wyndham said:
Your question is a contradiction in terms. Obviously, if and when BOI start to look a bit safer, the share price will have risen accordingly.

I know the price will rise accordingly .. but if you are basing their *safeness* based on stock price (which I won't be) where do you set that price at €1, €2 ..€5 ?

I was hoping for an event like for example "The bank have managed to secure private funding of €1 billion and along with the 2 billion from the gov they are now safe from nationalisation"

Now what do people think that event(s) would be ?

neil.p.b Registered User

i saw that, but most advise is sharebetting sites, is there any other sites apart from sharewatch(bad reviews) and goodbody(expensive)?

rugbyman Registered User

i have a NIB on line trading service.

My friend, the other day was agog to buy AIB shares when they were 40 cent.. He went into two major banks who recommended he ring davys, etc etc , papers sent out , verify id, etc, weeks away before action .

He got a similiar tale fron NIB but went back and got someone else at the counter. set up in possibly only one day. now trading.

Try them

regards, Rugbyman

ranger4 Registered User

rugbyman said:
i have a NIB on line trading service.

My friend, the other day was agog to buy AIB shares when they were 40 cent.. He went into two major banks who recommended he ring davys, etc etc , papers sent out , verify id, etc, weeks away before action .

He got a similiar tale fron NIB but went back and got someone else at the counter. set up in possibly only one day. now trading.

Try them

regards, Rugbyman

Agree, nibs fees are quite good also.

RoboKlopp Registered User

Another thread on gambling buying Aib/Boi shares. Great.

neil.p.b Registered User

sorry i meant to write gambling in my thread title. hey, no risk no gain, some may be happy with with a certain return and security, some take the risk to reap the huge possible return. all a matter of opinion

Idu Registered User

zod said:

Idu Registered User

zod said:
I know the price will rise accordingly .. but if you are basing their *safeness* based on stock price (which I won't be) where do you set that price at €1, €2 ..€5 ?

I was hoping for an event like for example "The bank have managed to secure private funding of €1 billion and along with the 2 billion from the gov they are now safe from nationalisation"

Now what do people think that event(s) would be ?

Think it's pretty widely known that the bank has failed to secure private funding and that is why the government is injecting more money to recapatalise rather than having to nationalise the bank. So with nationalisation seemingly on the back burner for the time being the share price should go up - barring any major international banks going tits up in the next while

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!