SarcasticFairy Registered User

I don't personally like Chinese food, but a friend of mine was there on Wednesday night and he said it was gorgeous, and the staff were really friendly.

Joes is easily the best chipper, although granted a bit slow, although a lot of the time that's because of the queue. But they're very generous with their chips in comparison to the others! Angelos is so so, and takes forever, however I do like their pizza. The people in Genoas talk about you in Italian, and are quite slow too.

Martron Registered User

ok, went to the sapphire last night and was pleasantly suprised.the decor is not what i expected at all. the food and service was excellenst and the bar is great for a few drinks before and after dinner.

me and the gf had starters main and dessert an a drink each and it only came to 60 euro!!!

was well impressed and will most defiantely go back there and also recommend it .!!

1 person has thanked this post
cozmik Banned

SarcasticFairy said:
The people in Genoas talk about you in Italian

What do they say?

Wishbone Ash Registered User

SarcasticFairy said:
Joes is easily the best chipper, although granted a bit slow, although a lot of the time that's because of the queue
The reason that there is a queue is precisely because they are so slow!

If I ran it, I'd take the orders from customers as they enter. That way some people with simple orders such as a bag of chips, can be served gone again leaving a shorter queue and therefore attracting more business. Many of those who go to the Genoa, do so after first checking the queue in Joe's.

northdublin Registered User

in the past ive stumbled out of walshes and gone straight into joes and have had to wait for ages......i just go to genoa now, its faster and the food is just as nice.

northdublin said:
in the past ive stumbled out of walshes and gone straight into joes and have had to wait for ages......i just go to genoa now, its faster and the food is just as nice.

Been a long time since I've been in Joe's but I always loved the chips

rferguson Registered User

Fresh Cod and chips from joes ftw!!!!!!!!

2 people have thanked this post

right well i went to Sapphires last Tuesday.

One Word......... WOW!!!!!
i brought my sister and mother down to try it. The Srvice is A1 and the decor is fantastic it looks like it should be in malahide or town.

tghe food was fantastic and the prices are very reasonable

2 thumbs up for me

billyhead Registered User

Rfergusen,

What food did you have

roneythetube Registered User

I got a take away from Sapphire on Sat nigh and the food was delicious. I had beef with ginger and spring onion and the wife had chicken with cashew nuts both with fried rice. and it was only gorgeous!
i had a quick look around while waiting for me food and it looks really nice. with a lovely little bar as well. all in all a really nice place. would defo recommend it.

billyhead said:
Rfergusen,

What food did you have

For starters i had the Salty & Chilli Shredded Chicken (fantastic)

For main course i had Duck in Plum Sauce with fried noodles (Best duck ive had in this country)

The Sister and the mother both has chicken and sweetcorn soup (they loved it)

and cant remeber what they had for the main course. but they loved it anyway

so all in all, good reports all round

That sounds fantastic. Cheers for the review. Do you mind if i copy it over to the restaurant review sticky?

Chinafoot said:
That sounds fantastic. Cheers for the review. Do you mind if i copy it over to the restaurant review sticky?

go ahead. id be happy to let you.

ive booked table again for tomorrow night for me and the lady friend so i hope she likes it aswell

1 person has thanked this post
Joseph Registered User

Presume they deliver? Been trying to find their number but cant find it anywhere , anyone havei t please?

Frank Spencer Registered User

Deaddude said:
Presume they deliver? Been trying to find their number but cant find it anywhere , anyone havei t please?

(01) 8709242

http://www.eircomphonebook.ie/search/rush/sapphire.html

Think this is it.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!