DrIndy Registered User

its a bit stormy outside.

it's awful, isn't it?
i hate this bloody weather

I'm really not coping with the cold since I've returned to Ireland. So, I went for a run this morning. Thought that would warm me up after a few hundred yards.

5Ks later, exhausted, out of breath and red faced.....but had hardly broken a sweat lol.

I was still cold when I was in the shower afterwards

ON the issue of the cold....I'm very tempted to try and arrange a bio+med beers.....but I might end up just sitting in by the fire

sillymoo Registered User

tallaght01 said:
ON the issue of the cold....I'm very tempted to try and arrange a bio+med beers.....but I might end up just sitting in by the fire

Im sure there could be hot whiskeys for the auld fellas

I dunno if strong spirits are advisable.

I mean, judging by home excited they got by the bacteria thread, a few whiskeys might just send them over the edge

ChewChew SADISTIC HEARTLESS BITCH

A big tree fell on my mates car today an hour before the nct. an hour! typical!

ooohhh and another thing. . . I got my permanency in work. I am now a permanent employee of the HSE. lucky me but yay! lol.

ChewChew said:
I got my permanency in work. .

I read that wrong when I first read it. I thought it said "I got my pregnancy at work".

I thought that was gonna make for an interesting discussion lol

But congrats anyway

1 person has thanked this post

tallaght01 said:
I read that wrong when I first read it. I thought it said "I got my pregnancy at work".

I thought that was gonna make for an interesting discussion lol

But congrats anyway

You just made me shudder. I work in a rat, cockroach and bat infested office. and YES that is in a hospital so nope. . . no chance of the naughty happening in there!!!! lol. but spanx!

Hey I bet the filth doesn't stop the roaches and rats procreating, so don't be so snobby

tallaght01 said:
Hey I bet the filth doesn't stop the roaches and rats procreating, so don't be so snobby
damm you! I just sprayed my 7up on my keyboard! lol.

Tree Moderator

when will someone find the cure for biochemical pathways. the learning of these things is painful.

also, i reckon studying induces a diabetic state. the constant grazing to raise the blood sugar levels, the constant trips to the little girls room, probably out of sheer boredom than any genuine buildup of urine, the constant thirst coz tof the constant urination and the urge to wander to the kitchen rather than look at notes...

lol, tree. it's a case of absolutely anything will do when you're trying to find an excuse not to study, isnt it?
i remember once taking all the lampshades in my house down, and washing them, and then carefully drying the fabricy ones with a hairdryer.... kept me away from the books for a good few hrs!

Larianne Registered User

Tree said:

also, i reckon studying induces a diabetic state. the constant grazing to raise the blood sugar levels, the constant trips to the little girls room, probably out of sheer boredom than any genuine buildup of urine, the constant thirst coz tof the constant urination and the urge to wander to the kitchen rather than look at notes...

That sounds like me before Christmas! I found I studied better in the library. No kettles in the library.

So, who's up for a Bio+med beers at some point in the next week or 2? Hit me with names on here.

I'd be expecting only about 5 or 6, as we don't have huge numbers of regular posters, but anyone wold be welcome, even if you just lurk, or are only an occasional poster

But it could still be a bit of a laugh.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!