DonJose Registered User

'NO Irish need apply' -- the signs are already going up on building sites abroad in a throwback to the grim days of the the last century.

But this time they are starting to appear in Poland as that country takes its revenge for the way in which some unscrupulous Irish contractors treated their countrymen during the years of the Celtic Tiger.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/no-irish-need-apply--polish-builders-get-their-own-back-1589265.html

Fukk, better mark Poland of the list, anybody know if Latvia and Lithuania are hiring

Iamxavier Registered User

Check your link again, I just skimmed through it, but nothing about what your post title says is in that link

Makikomi Registered User

Your link goes to a story about the downturn in the Hotel and pub trade in 2008.

FloorBoard Banned

DonJose said:
'NO Irish need apply' -- the signs are already going up on building sites abroad in a throwback to the grim days of the the last century.

But this time they are starting to appear in Poland as that country takes its revenge for the way in which some unscrupulous Irish contractors treated their countrymen during the years of the Celtic Tiger.

http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/pubs-and-hotels-braced-for-full-force-of-the-gale-1589251.html

Fukk, better mark Poland of the list, anybody know if Latvia and Lithuania are hiring

They are just right, look after your own people.

Sure was Paddy Go Getter not ripping off the foreigners for years, thinking he was the big shot. Not bend over Paddy.

Maybe all our little politically correct Irish people will finally realise they have been had, how does it feel to have the shoe on the other foot, Paddy?

(And by the way, I am an Irishman myself, but not a "european".)

Toiletroll Registered User

I dont see poland mentioned in the article

DonJose Registered User

Link fixed

FloorBoard said:
They are just right, look after your own people.

Sure was Paddy Go Getter not ripping off the foreigners for years, thinking he was the big shot. Not bend over Paddy.

Maybe all our little politically correct Irish people will finally realise they have been had, how does it feel to have the shoe on the other foot, Paddy?

(And by the way, I am an Irishman myself, but not a "european".)

Where you from then, Ireland, America? You're european, no matter what angle you look at it from.

Well I think it's a load of balls, they came over here and worked, if we had "no polish" signs up there would be a lot of discrimination cases. They wanted in the EU, they are in the EU, it's tough sh!t. They should be sorted out. That annoys me...

21 people have thanked this post
fluffyduffy Registered User

Sure was Paddy Go Getter not ripping off the foreigners for years, thinking he was the big shot.

+1

I saw Polish people treated very badly here. Under paid or not paid at all. It was well known. I made several Polish friends, and I was embarrased to be Irish at times.

This did not happen in all cases, but it was quite common.

But this is still wrong!

FloorBoard Banned

Iamxavier said:
Where you from then, Ireland, America? You're european, no matter what angle you look at it from.

Well I think it's a load of balls, they came over here and worked, if we had "no polish" signs up there would be a lot of discrimination cases. They wanted in the EU, they are in the EU, it's tough sh!t. They should be sorted out. That annoys me...

No I'm irish but not European, big difference.

Who said they wanted into the EU, their "elected representatives"? You look after your own people first. That is how things should work, the average irishman has had his head so fried by political correctness he does not know what he is at.

FloorBoard Banned

fluffyduffy said:

I saw Polish people treated very badly here. Under paid or not paid at all. It was well known.
This did not happen in all cases, but it was quite common.

I worked on the sites with the Polish people myself. Great people, very well educated and they were treated like skip rats.

fluffyduffy said:
I was embarrased to be Irish at times.

At all times I am ashamed to be Irish, I never seen a people so turned by the lure of a few pound. Disgusting.

5 people have thanked this post
Makikomi Registered User

FloorBoard said:

*Crickets*

Can you explain how you are Irish but not European? If one of your parents is Irish and you were born and raised on another continent then it maybe work (Then you would be half Irish, like the rest of the world).

Who said they wanted into the EU, their "elected representatives"? You look after your own people first. That is how things should work, the average irishman has had his head so fried by political correctness he does not know what he is at.

Are you for real? Seriously...

They weren't draged kicking and screaming, I didn't hear of any riots and major protests against the move. They are in the EU now so they must play by the rules.

Oh they'll learn soon enough.

2 people have thanked this post
FloorBoard Banned

Iamxavier said:
*Crickets*

Can you explain how you are Irish but not European? If one of your parents is Irish and you were born and raised on another continent then it maybe work (Then you would be half Irish, like the rest of the world)..

What, I was born in 1969. Well before we joined the beloved "european community". And it is a political matter, next thing you will be telling me you are a "world citizen", just wait until the propaganda comes out and you update your operating system.

Iamxavier said:

Are you for real? Seriously...

They weren't draged kicking and screaming, I didn't hear of any riots and major protests against the move. They are in the EU now so they must play by the rules.

Oh they'll learn soon enough.

Oh, I'm serious alright.

What will they learn, if I learnt anything about the eastern europeans it is this, they do not liked getting pushed around.

FloorBoard said:

Times change, unfortunately for you as it seems, you are now a European. There is no possible way of denying that. Ask anyone, you are European

FloorBoard said:
What, I was born in 1969. Well before we joined the beloved "european community". And it is a political matter, next thing you will be telling me you are a "world citizen", just wait until the propaganda comes out and you update your operating system.

I suppose you think joining the EU was a bad thing, right?

Oh, I'm serious alright.

What will they learn, if I learnt anything about the eastern europeans it is this, they do not liked getting pushed around.

Well they put up with it for long enough, made a pretty penny from it too. They weren't complaining when they first came over.

1 person has thanked this post
FloorBoard Banned

Iamxavier said:
Times change, unfortunately for you as it seems, you are now a European. There is no possible way of denying that. Ask anyone, you are European .

Ask anyone?? I keep my own consul. I do not need leaders.

Iamxavier said:

Well they put up with it for long enough, made a pretty penny from it too. They weren't complaining when they first came over.

Yeah, before Paddy Go Getter though he could have them. They were sold a dodgy dream, a dream you still seem to believe in.

1 person has thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!