1. Install BossPrefs and Yellowsn0w from Cydia
2. Disable everything in BossPrefs
3. Reboot your iPhone using BossPrefs
4. Wait 1.30 min when you see lockscreen
5. Take your sim out and insert it
6. Wait a moment
7. In settings turn on Fly Mode
8. Turn off Fly Mode
9. Your iPhone 3G should be working now!
followed instructions precisely and still get no signal for 3 Irl, Vodafone and Meteor. Left Meteor SIM in phone during iTunes restore and QuickPwn.
My only thought during the process is: did you update Cydia when first opening as requested by Cydia?
Yeah, i can understand that. I think thought that it only involves removing and reinserting sim whenever you switch on
Have you got the installer app aswell? Maybe try installing yellowsn0w through that.
Now this is weird!
Is appears the time left in Airplane Mode is critical. Leave in this mode for more than 10 secs after inserting new SIM and getting No Service then remove from mode and success.
Meteor, Vodafone Irl and 3 Irl all working for Out/In Calls. 3 tested for data too!
I'm having major trouble right now with this
Got my iPhone tother day from Northern Ireland, and now im trying to unlock it.
I downloaded quickpwn 22-1, and when i try to jailbreak it, it just sticks onto trying to connect with "wait for your iPhone to connect with recovery mode" or something like that
any ideas? just dying for my iphone to be unlocked D: ta
sounds like your having trouble getting it into dfu mode, try this tutorial
it will work, dont worry
let us know how the unlock work out and what carrier you are with, if you have any problems post them to this board
how about the warned problem with sim application?
Are you on a mac? If so, connect the iPhone through a USB hub and it should work.
If not, I don't know what the problem is.
I had been unsuccessful until about 10 mins ago with a Vodafone Sim in my O2 IRL contract phone. I tried this from the http://blog.iphone-dev.org website and my iPhone now works with Vodafone IE
"This tutorial assumes you have already updated your baseband to 2.28, pwned ur device, installed cydia and yellowsn0w.
1. After reboot with your O2 sim, wait as least a minute
2. Go to settings > carriers > wait for the search to complete and "automatic" to be selected ( you should get a error message saying that unable to load list, just click Ok.)
3. While still in the carriers menu, remove the O2 sim and insert your non O2 sim into the Iphone (Extremely important that you don't exit from the carriers sub menu or not this method will not work)
4. When you insert the new sim, you should get a status message as "NO SERVICE". If you get status message with no bars or invalid sim, THIS METHOD HASN'T WORKED ! Start from the beginning and follow this tutorial to the TEE !!
5. follow this method from step 2 onwards to change between sim cards"
If you turn off the phone, you will need to repeat the above steps, but it's a workaround for anyone stuck for a while until the next version of yellowsn0w is released
thanks for your help but somehow, i actually got it sorted
i have now yellowsn0w installed and all
except now im just getting invalid sim when i insert my meteor sim into the iphone
that above technique doesnt seem to work for me either
tried it once or twice :/
I'm not 100% sure if any of these networks have apps built into their sims as suggested by dev team. I think the Irish networks prefer to vandalize your phone with branded firmware instead.
Saying that, the sims don't work straight off, you do need to remove the sim to activate the unlock.
Thanks for all the advice!
Got it working on a AT&T iphone with o2 following this:
Judging from the conversations on the hackint0sh forums, this solution is not ready for prime time. There seems to be a lot of voodoo (i.e., step-by-step lists of instructions that have nothing to do with the way the software is supposed to work) involved in getting the thing to work on some configurations.
I'll wait until it's out of beta.
if your on a sim proxie i would agree
Yellowsn0w beta 0.94 now getting signal ok after normal reboot on Vodafone. Outgoing calls not working though yet. It's nearly there....