meowCat Registered User

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a nice shimmery (! as opposed to sparkly), champagne coloured eye shadow.

From a trip to the States I once brought back the Maybelline Shadow Stylist Eye Shadow in "Elegant pearl"...but I've used it up now and I cannot seem to find it in Ireland. It's a loose poweder that comes with a sponge applicator, see here . I used it as a highlighter (eye brows, front part of eyes and top of cheeks), so I'm quite fond of it.

However, there must be something similar that is just as easy - I want a powder consistency though as that goes on quickest.

Any ideas ??

Cheers

LolaLuv Registered User

All the eyeshadows I know similar to what you've described are US brands that you probably can't get here. But have you considered trying a MAC Mineralize Skinfinish? They're highlighters and very popular.

SarcasticFairy Registered User

If you're looking for something recession friendly you could try Barry M Dazzle Dust, they're shimmery (more glittery in some shades than other, and huge glitter particles in their glitter dusts) and loose. I think they have shimmery goldy colours, I know I have one but can't think of the number at the mo They're about €7 AFAIK, and last forever.

LolaLuv Registered User

SarcasticFairy said:
If you're looking for something recession friendly you could try Barry M Dazzle Dust, they're shimmery (more glittery in some shades than other, and huge glitter particles in their glitter dusts) and loose. I think they have shimmery goldy colours, I know I have one but can't think of the number at the mo They're about €7 AFAIK, and last forever.

Do you know where to find Barry M in Dublin? I've been wanting to try the Pinkie Gold Sparkle l/s for ages, but can't find their products anywhere!

PillyPen said:
Do you know where to find Barry M in Dublin? I've been wanting to try the Pinkie Gold Sparkle l/s for ages, but can't find their products anywhere!

Yep, depending on where you are in Dublin though really.
Generally the bigger Boots stores do them - Jervis Street Shopping Centre in town has them. I know the Boots in The Pavillions in Swords, and the one in Blanchardstown SC do them too. Not sure about Liffey Valley. Dundrum & Grafton St definately don't do them. After that it's trial and error, orrrrr do it online on the Barry M site!

1 person has thanked this post
Nools Registered User

superdrug in santry do barry m.

also smashbox's eyeshadow called "flirt" is amazing. i first got in in sephora but found it in arnotts, its a neurtal pearly sorta shade, i use it with every colour, when doing a smokey black i use the flirt or when doing browns i use flirt

it goes with all

Larianne Registered User

Debenhams also do Barry M. MAC do a nice highlighter eyeshadow called Dazzle Light. I use it on my brow bone and in the corner of my eyes to brighten them up. Also, you could check out some of the pigments MAC have. They are pricey but they last forever as you only need to use a little.

LolaLuv Registered User

Nools said:
superdrug in santry do barry m.

Larianne said:
Debenhams also do Barry M.

Thanks!

OP, NARS also makes a beautiful highlighter called Albatross. Here's a link to a blog post with a swatch (it's the last one). I would like to pick it up myself.

http://lollipop26writes.blogspot.com/2008/12/closer-look-at-loot.html

Diamond007 Registered User

mac do some lovely shimmery eye shadows but I would recommend 'moon beam' by benefit, it is an actual highlighter... Fantastic

missmatty Registered User

There's a Superdrug in Santry? *rubs hands*

Where is it exactly?

kate-rebelchick Registered User

meowCat said:
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a nice shimmery (! as opposed to sparkly), champagne coloured eye shadow.

From a trip to the States I once brought back the Maybelline Shadow Stylist Eye Shadow in "Elegant pearl"...but I've used it up now and I cannot seem to find it in Ireland. It's a loose poweder that comes with a sponge applicator, see here . I used it as a highlighter (eye brows, front part of eyes and top of cheeks), so I'm quite fond of it.

However, there must be something similar that is just as easy - I want a powder consistency though as that goes on quickest.

Any ideas ??

Cheers

im a make up artist i love the mac nylon frost its a gold cream shimmer can be used as a highlighter aswell

Cathmandooo Gifterator

Boots in Stephens Green got Barry M in recently!

1 person has thanked this post
LolaLuv Registered User

Cathooo said:
Boots in Stephens Green got Barry M in recently!

Yay, that's close! Whereabouts is the Boots in Stephens Green?

Cathmandooo Gifterator

PillyPen said:
Yay, that's close! Whereabouts is the Boots in Stephens Green?

In the shopping centre, 2nd floor, down between Dunnes and Argos! I love that Boots, it's a nice size!

missmatty said:
There's a Superdrug in Santry? *rubs hands*

Where is it exactly?

AFAIK, there is one in the newer bit of the Omni SC, nearish to the door!

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!