Black Swan Category Moderator
#241

"300"... Cliché and too predictable throughout.

Varkov Registered User
#242

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Any Woody aLan movie
Brokeback Mountain

Mal-Adjusted Registered User
#243

Blue_Lagoon said:
"300"... Cliché and too predictable throughout.


predictable? but you already know what happens! everybody's heard that story since childhood!

c - 13 Registered User
#244

Blue_Lagoon said:
"300"... Cliché and too predictable throughout.


Thats a bit like saying Passions of the christ and titanic were predicatable really.

Saw Goodfellas for the first time recently and was very underwhelmed by the whole thing. Can't understand how it gets so much praise.

1 person has thanked this post
spinandscribble Registered User
#245

Mal-Adjusted said:
predictable? but you already know what happens! everybody's heard that story since childhood!


yes it follows the story faithfully enough. as a classics student and a frank miller fan i loved it to be honest. to be fair its like the originator of that 'last stand' story so its won its place to be cliche.

jcatony Registered User
#246

Slumdog millionaire. Ridiculously overhyped.

Mal-Adjusted Registered User
#247

spinandscribble said:
yes it follows the story faithfully enough. as a classics student and a frank miller fan i loved it to be honest. to be fair its like the originator of that 'last stand' story so its won its place to be cliche.


if it's th originator of the "last stand" how can it be cliche?

#248

Mal-Adjusted said:
if it's th originator of the "last stand" how can it be cliche?

The Battle of Thermopylae was the origin of the last stand. 300 was based on it. Hardly rocket science!

Mal-Adjusted Registered User
#249

Wacker said:
The Battle of Thermopylae was the origin of the last stand. 300 was based on it. Hardly rocket science!

if it's the originator, then only the copycats can be cliche. hardly rocket science

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!