Tyrant^ Registered User

Glad I didnt pre order this

bizmark Registered User

Great fun to play cant wait to get my hands on the full version

bizmark said:
Great fun to play cant wait to get my hands on the full version

Yeah seems to have improved on server quality over night. Was able to get into games no problem now. Still needs a server browser window.

Had some crayz fun in the last one where someone had locked me out of the safe room then hordes of zombies came flooding, and i mean flooding, into the area.

Serves me right for playing the token black guy character

2 people have thanked this post
bizmark Registered User

Gummy Panda said:

Serves me right for playing the token black guy character

lol

uglyjohn Registered User

downloaded it last night. right now im in work counting down the seconds till i can go home and play. 2hrs 14 minutes........AHHHHHHHH!!

anyone want to do a mini review to help me pass the time?

bizmark Registered User

uglyjohn said:
downloaded it last night. right now im in work counting down the seconds till i can go home and play. 2hrs 14 minutes........AHHHHHHHH!!

anyone want to do a mini review to help me pass the time?

Eh you have 2 map's both of which arent very long the apartment and a subway, There's a limited number of guns in the demo pistols/uzi/shotgun/hunting rifle / m16 all of them are quite satisfieing though, The pistols have unlimited ammo and you can dual weild them should you find a second one hanging around there's also throwable weapons like pipebombs along with the weapons you get 2 slots for a 1 shot medpack (only 1 per member per map) or painkiller's which you can use on yourself or your team mate's.
The enemys are your typical zombie fair they run at you in hord's trying to eat your braaaaaains but they go down quite easly which isnt a bad thing mowing down a load of them is really good fun ^_^ there's also a few boss type zombies that are harder or more dangours like the boomer which can spray you with vomit that will attract the hord of grunt zombies to you the smoker/hunter who disable you in some fashion requireing your team m8's to come save you or the witch who can pritty much 1 hit you....all in all its very enjoyable

1 person has thanked this post
Telgere Registered User

More demo servers are coming online.

See this could be a problem later if there is no incentive to buy/host your own servers. Hopefully valve will address this before the game launches.

L31mr0d Registered User

I've found hosting the server locally works best for me. Played a few rounds there with some friends and had no issues.

It's actually very good, it had me laughing out loud at how hectic it gets

pro-tip: don't shoot the car

bizmark Registered User

L31mr0d said:

pro-tip: don't shoot the car

Best part imho that and getting vomited on by a boomer frantic fireing away blind into a huge hord ftw

L31mr0d Registered User

bizmark said:
Best part imho that and getting vomited on by a boomer frantic fireing away blind into a huge hord ftw

yeah it is I've played through it a few times and every time I can't resist shooting the car, throwing in a pipe bomb and watching the whole hoard of zombies jump on it and explode...

Stev_o Registered User

Best game ever. I havent laughed and screamed so much in a long while. We were playing tonight and i set off the witch accidentaly (really i did) two of us go down and im speculating my friend saying **** witch is coming right next to you, he just stands there and the thing walks past him i was like you lucky git.

We were at the generator part and had a witch beside one of them so we came up with a plan to ignite her with Molotov's and gas can and she'd go down.Everyone is sh1tting a brick about triggering her so i say f*ck it ill do it, shoot she starts screaming, i try jump on the generators. Failed. The guys set her one fire. She then charges at me, sets me on fire, sets the ground on fire and then dies amongst screams and laughter on TS.

Just brilliant.

Stev_o said:
Best game ever. I havent laughed and screamed so much in a long while. We were playing tonight and i set off the witch accidentaly (really i did) two of us go down and im speculating my friend saying **** which is coming right next to you, he just stands there and the thing walks past him i was like you lucky git.

We were at the generator part and had a witch beside one of them so we came up with a plan to ignite her with Molotov's and gas can and she'd go down.Everyone is sh1tting a brick about triggering her so i say f*ck it ill do it, shoot she starts screaming, i try jump on the generators. Failed. The guys set her one fire. She then charges at me, sets me on fire, sets the ground on fire and then dies amongst screams and laughter on TS.

Just brilliant.

Yeah its awesome.

Hard to describe the feeling you get from the game. Its kinda like TF2. Simple but enjoyable and rewarding.

Deffo a winner this, Valve are on to another good thing. Great fun, although there aren't enough servers yet, quick match is a little buggy. I love the way the swarms come when u set off an alarm. Any of ye others tried expert mode yet?

Stev_o Registered User

PogMoThoin said:
Deffo a winner this, Valve are on to another good thing. Great fun, although there aren't enough servers yet. I love the way the swarms come when u set off an alarm. Any of ye others tried expert mode yet?

Yup only playing it on expert and bloody hell it doesnt let off at all took us 4 or 5 attempts to finish the subway level with only one survivor left.

I think Valve just got what it is that make games fun and really done a good job on it, iv never played a game with more tension then this in all my life.

Now all they gotta do is fix the occasional CTD and laggy servers.

Dcully Moderator

Im hearing nothing but rave reviews about this game.
A friend said he and some friends were just screaming and roaring at eachother on ts while playing the game.
He described it as an exhilerating feeling while playing and said he never laughed and got so many frights from any other game.
Sounds like digital cocaine to me.

Looks like ill be getting this too
So many must have games right now.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!