darkknight13 Registered User

Pablo Sanchez said:
Actually really liked Bram Stoker's Dracula, good movie, if only for the genuine creepiness of Gary Oldman.

Also anything with Blackula in it too

He was a wonderful Dracula - so intense.

Sandvich Banned

Dragan said:
Has anybody read the Theory that the origin of the Vampire legend is actually a rabies outbreak?

The earliest recorded tails from central Europe coincide with a massive rabies out break around the same time.

It's pretty interesting.

There isn't really any one origin of it. The whole creepy, nocturnal blood sucker just seems to be a primal image for us. It appears in most cultures.

xxkc10xx Registered User

The Blue Bloods series by Melissa De La Cruz is about vampires & it's really good!! A bit like a cross between gossip girl & twilight but delves more into the vampire world

LadyJedi Registered User

Anyone read The Strain by Guillermo Del Toro? its great new vampire trilogy, read all the anne rice books years ago but got bit sick of them now, the doc on the History channel about the origins of Dracula was pretty gruessome based on Vlad the Implaler nothing erotic about him believe me!!

1 person has thanked this post
Soul Cake Duck Registered User

Has anyone watched 'Let the right one in'? Think is more modern and brings in societal flaws as well but was highly recommended to me but I've yet to get it.

LadyJedi Registered User

Let the right one in is brilliant film, really good and unusual take on vampire, the book is well worth a read too

Riamfada Moderator

I think "Being Human"depicts vampires blending into modern Britain very well

2 people have thanked this post
Fuinseog Registered User

chris9999 said:
you should visit Romania.They have Dracula Palace and a lot of vampire stories.I am sure you'll like there

or the Balkans, although representations of vampires tend to vary.

apparently there was a vampire in Highgate cemetry in London in 1970?

the case of Toma Petre in 2004 is interesting.

seattletimes.nwsource.com/.../2001891951_vampires31.html

krpc Registered User

Soul Cake Duck said:
Has anyone watched 'Let the right one in'? Think is more modern and brings in societal flaws as well but was highly recommended to me but I've yet to get it.

This is one of the best (recent) Vampiric movies I have seen. Be aware that it is in Swedish, with English subs.

krpc Registered User

I'm quite stunned that I have not seen mention of the TV series, True Blood, or the book it is based on "The Southern Vampire Mysteries."

unreggd Registered User

LOVE vampire ANYTHING

Buffy is my fav TV show ever

NOTE: If anyone tries to claim Twilight is a vampire film, you will be banned, for life!

krpc Registered User

unreggd said:
NOTE: If anyone tries to claim Twilight is a vampire film, you will be banned, for life!

Well, technically ...

Soul Cake Duck Registered User

rc_irl said:
This is one of the best (recent) Vampiric movies I have seen. Be aware that it is in Swedish, with English subs.

Didn't know that but will still watch it as it is on this Friday on FX straight after the below mentioned season finale of True Blood.....tis vampire weekend

rc_irl said:
I'm quite stunned that I have not seen mention of the TV series, True Blood, or the book it is based on "The Southern Vampire Mysteries."

Adzee Registered User

I love vampires and I honestly wish I was one !

BusterC said:
Who likes Vampires? Vampire Story's! Everything whit Vampire's
And does anybody know some cool movies whit them

I love Vampires

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!