Lady Lainy Registered User
#5,836

kildareash said:
It does all seem to have been introduced a bit hap-hazardly (SP) here, which is very disappointing and frustrating.
When you consider all the material available to online members, as a class member I do feel hard done by.
I know the people here who are following the online version have been doing it a bit longer, but they do seem to know a lot more than people attending classes.

Someone posted the price of joining online in one of the threads over the weekend and I seriously considered changing. But I know I wouldn't do aswell, I need the motivation of stepping on the scales in front of someone every week.


it is very easy to fall off the wagon with the online one! cos its the same price weather you track or not. so its easy to say ah feck it i'll skip the weight in this week! or to change your weight in so it looks like you've lost loads in a week...when really its been over 10 days. that kinda thing.

The shame factor is a great motivator tbh!

#5,837

Be aware that WW Fruities now have 2 Pro Points per box not 1/2 point.
Also Butterscotch Drops have 4 pro points per box and not 1.
I was sold these last week at my WW meeting and told they were the same in pro points as points but when I did my calculations there was a big difference. I reckon they were just trying to sell their old stock, at my expense.

Lady Lainy Registered User
#5,838

I found this article online, I'm doing it as an experiment for the week just to see how it goes

This morning I woke and was wide awake at 6am, my alarm was due to go off at 6.30. So I decided to get up and do 20 mins or so on the treadmill before breakfast.

And you know what...I have felt fantastic all day....doing 20 mins of walking kinda woke my system up. Like warming up the engine before a long journey.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Walking-First-Thing-in-the-Morning-Boosts-Your-Metabolism

I been doing some reading online about the benefits of morning cardio. I found this article really interesting because it explained exactly how and why the morning exercise yields the best results.

So anyone wanna make an educated guess as to how many propoints would be in a slice of Cheese & Ham Quiche from the deli in a spar?

3 people have thanked this post
jackmax Registered User
#5,839

can anyone tell me the weight of a cooked bag of boil in the bag rice? i know 150g is 6pp but forgot to weigh the portion i used so am thinking if i knew the weight of the full bag then i would be able to work it out roughly? before being cooked the bag weighed 125g

tantipie Registered User
#5,840

jackmax said:
can anyone tell me the weight of a cooked bag of boil in the bag rice? i know 150g is 6pp but forgot to weigh the portion i used so am thinking if i knew the weight of the full bag then i would be able to work it out roughly? before being cooked the bag weighed 125g

for the smaller bags of rice think they62/64g before cooking they are 6pp

jackmax Registered User
#5,841

tantipie said:
for the smaller bags of rice think they62/64g before cooking they are 6pp


Thanks for your reply I just found the weight on the side of the box clearly didnt look properly the first time

littlefriend Registered User
#5,842

Going to try that carbonara tomorrow.

For dinner today I had. -
200g frozen tiger prawns - 4pp
2 teaspoons olive oil - 3pp
1 chopped red chilli
2 cloves of garlic

Fry them all together (the water from the frozen prawns will melt off and mix with the oil to make a little bit of a sauce). Serve with rocket and baby leaf salad. YUM. Its a light dinner though so if hungry add some pasta.

1 person has thanked this post
littlefriend Registered User
#5,843

A twirl (both sticks) is 6pp.
Well worth it - they are unbelievably chocolatey.

4 people have thanked this post
littlefriend Registered User
#5,844

PinkChick said:
Hi m'lady, yeah I thought the same. I love having a hot chocolate in the evening, for me it's nicer than a bar of chocolate. I really think that skimmed milk is gone up. Its a small enough cup.


I use the options belgian hot chocolate of which a serving is 1pp. I make it with water and a bit of milk (like the same amount you'd add to coffee). It is really nice - try it! You can get a container of it or else in individual portions which are really handy to keep in your bag.

2 people have thanked this post
Vickysg24 Registered User
#5,845

ok So I started weight watchers today and was unaware of the new pro points system. Does anyone know how many points would be in my homemade soup. I made a big batch of it today and used four potatoes, three carrots, broccoli, cabbage, onions, celery and three stock pots. So for each bowl how much will i value the pro points at?? I'd say it will make about ten bowls all together.

Also just calculated Ryvita using the online calculator and it says there is no points per slice... is this correct??

pracky2k10 Registered User
#5,846

littlefriend said:
A twirl (both sticks) is 6pp.
Well worth it - they are unbelievably chocolatey.


Littlefriend thanks so much for this- I love twirls!!

1 person has thanked this post
pracky2k10 Registered User
#5,847

Sallyanne2 said:
Be aware that WW Fruities now have 2 Pro Points per box not 1/2 point.
Also Butterscotch Drops have 4 pro points per box and not 1.
I was sold these last week at my WW meeting and told they were the same in pro points as points but when I did my calculations there was a big difference. I reckon they were just trying to sell their old stock, at my expense.


Oh-oh, I've been eating shedloads of these
Our leader said fruities were gone up to 1pp per box!
Oh well..think it might take me a while to get used to this pro points malarkey. Really great to have this support though

eimear1 Registered User
#5,848

Vickysg24 said:
ok So I started weight watchers today and was unaware of the new pro points system. Does anyone know how many points would be in my homemade soup. I made a big batch of it today and used four potatoes, three carrots, broccoli, cabbage, onions, celery and three stock pots. So for each bowl how much will i value the pro points at?? I'd say it will make about ten bowls all together.

Also just calculated Ryvita using the online calculator and it says there is no points per slice... is this correct??


Point the potatoes per weight, they are 3 points per 150g, and the stock pots at one each. So if the spuds - for example - come to 7 points and 3 for the stock, makes ten points so a point per bowl. Depends how much the potatoes weigh really, but even with them in it, its a great way of filling up really!
With the ryvita, try calculating for 2 or 3 and see how they add up, you'll prob find they have points once you go past having just one. So if you have more at different times of the day you may as well point them together.

#5,849

I don't know about the soup but Ryvita have 1 point each. Extra slim Ryvita have 1 point for 2. Ordinary Ryvita have 1 point each.

#5,850

Just double checked and a 10g Ryvita has Protein 0.9, Carb. 6.7, Fat 0.2 and Fibre 1.7 All adds up to 1 propoint.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!