ukgalwaymcguire Registered User

hi, i have a few mobile phones that need unlocking, they are on english pay as you go ( t mobile) so i need them unlocked too take any sim card
can anyone tell me where i can do this in galway.
oh and also how much it will cost in london its 99p!! lol
thanks

Black_Knight I speak fluent sarcasm

Theres a place down shop street. You'll see the guys carrying signs advertising it. Cant remember off hand where exactly, or how much because they couldnt unlock my phone at the time. Probably more then 99p.

fish fingers Registered User

theres a place on eglinton st as well. across from the sony centre

Krieg Registered User

Theres one upstairs above the joke shop, there is also a place beside that beside the army/navy store. I don't know the prices

leninbenjamin Awaiting Email Confirmation

what's wrong with the internet? depending on the model there are plenty of sites where you can get codes for free for unlocking.

Keith186 Registered User

Here don't use the free websites as the codes are out of date and you only get 3/5 goes, go to this site and check if your phone can be unlocked in readme thread.
Its actually only for nokia and iphone if you go to higher thread.

Mrs OBumble Registered User

Black_Knight said:
Theres a place down shop street. You'll see the guys carrying signs advertising it. Cant remember off hand where exactly, or how much because they couldnt unlock my phone at the time. Probably more then 99p.

Was 15-yoyos when I went there a few months back.

They only charge if they actually can unlock your phone.

Franky Stein Registered User

There was a place on the headford road beside the bicyle shop and the end of the dyke road, not sure if he is still there

leninbenjamin Awaiting Email Confirmation

Franky Stein said:
There was a place on the headford road beside the bicyle shop and the end of the dyke road, not sure if he is still there

pretty sure that's gone.

ukgalwaymcguire said:
hi, i have a few mobile phones that need unlocking, they are on english pay as you go ( t mobile) so i need them unlocked too take any sim card
can anyone tell me where i can do this in galway.
oh and also how much it will cost in london its 99p!! lol
thanks

20 euros in Dublin.

£4 quid in London.

Galway,"how much were you thinking of spending"?

1 person has thanked this post
BrokenArrows Registered User

leninbenjamin said:
pretty sure that's gone.

ya that place is a t-shirt shop now i think.

the one above the joke shop, the man who owns it was in there and was the most arrogant person i have ever met, ( he wasnt irish or english but thats besides the point)
i went too the one on eglington street cartronix, and unlocked 4 phones for a really good deal, i have NEVER had a phone unlocked where the memory/ contacts/ photos werent deleted, everything was still there!!

so cartronix eglington street is the one! and you can haggle a deal with him too

minxie Registered User

ukgalwaymcguire said:
the one above the joke shop, the man who owns it was in there and was the most arrogant person i have ever met, ( he wasnt irish or english but thats besides the point)
i went too the one on eglington street cartronix, and unlocked 4 phones for a really good deal, i have NEVER had a phone unlocked where the memory/ contacts/ photos werent deleted, everything was still there!!

so cartronix eglington street is the one! and you can haggle a deal with him too

was above the one in shop st today and guy (same)
was really friendly to me, got it unlocked for €15 too.

minxie1 said:
was above the one in shop st today and guy (same)
was really friendly to me, got it unlocked for €15 too.

well that couldnt of been the owner of the shop because he wouldnt know friendly if it bit him on his ass, im glad you didnt have the same experience as me though!!

Xiney Registered User

ukgalwaymcguire said:

If I'm not mistaken, they're Germans in that shop. (heard them talking amongst each other)

Germans don't do small talk - that can make them seem unfriendly to Anglophones who are the kings of small talk (so much so that it's often joked that Anglophones rarely communicate but are always talking)

I had a great experience up there yesterday - got a charger port that the cat fecked up fixed (25) and a snappy new housing (25 - bit expensive compared to eBay, but you pay for the instant take home). It's like a new phone and I'm delighted

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!