Jackobyte Registered User

comfort said:
I have a 60GB PS3 and the hard drive has failed, message saying its corrupt. Everytime I turn it on it tells me this and asks me to format the drive to which I say yes and after that it restarts etc and then comes up with the message again. Is there any hope for the drive or does it mean a new drive. Also is there any way you can connect 2 PS3's together to transfer data from 1 drive to another ? Many thanks for taking the time to answer these.

There might have been some hope until you formated the drive, now you've lost all your data, everything...

comfort Registered User

Thank you Jackobyte for your reply, but what I wanted to know is this.
The drive that was formatted - Is it of any use now for the PS3 ?
The second question has nothing to do with the first.
Can u connect 2 PS3's together and transfer everything or do you need to backup and restore ?
I hav 3 PS3's in the house, well 4 really as 1 is the one with the HDD problem (question 1). Many thanks again. Oh yeah, the reason for the second question is that I have bought a 320GB (5400 rpm) HDD for the PS3 and I want to use it for my PS3 and use the 60GB out of my PS3 into the PS3 that has the drive that no longer works !

crazy angel Registered User

hey, my ps3 just showed the YLOD. is there anyway of fixing it without sending it to sony? or even saving my data. there was a different harddrive in it to the one it came with originally. any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Senenpeter Registered User

Own a 60G PS3, old model (purchased on HMV Grafton st at midnight some rainy evening in Nov 06!)

Installed the latest PS3 update on Friday, 3.10 I think, was in the middle of COD5:MW2 then suddenly it crashed, saying I need to shut down the PS3 properly or the hard drive will become corrupt.

Then it didn't turn on at all. Its the standard yellow blink followed by flashing red light when I tried.

Before I ship it off (attempt the complex youtube fix with heat gun) did any one else have this problem in the last week since the update/playing MW2? There are some other guys who have on the playstation forums.

This sucks big time

scange01 Registered User

Quick question, I have recently found out that you can have different PSN accounts for the different regions.

Can US and JPN region downloads, ie PS1 games, work on a PAL console?
How do you set up a JPN one?
And do many of the JPN games have English options for subtitles/voices? Subtitles would do though

Blackdagger Registered User

For those of us with the "Out of Warrnty" consoles. Here is the offical response from sony.

Hi ,As your console is out of warranty then the out of warranty fee of approximately €160 (this may differ depending on the retailer) will apply for an exchange. Smyths Toys offer out of warranty exchanges for customers if you wanted to return to your nearest branch with your faulty console a member of staff will be happy to assist.

Keeping in mind that I purchased my PS3 at an online retailer (kompleet). The above cuts Calling Sony up and going in circles.

Smyths told me:

We offer a refurbished one at approx €100.

I still feel cheated tho the Warranty's should be longer for complicated machines such as the PS3.

totalflooring Registered User

Hello

I have a ps3 and im trying to connect to the internet with a Eircom wireless stick
But the playstation doesn't seem to be able to see it.

Barry

J2D2 Banned

I have a ps3 and im trying to connect to the internet with a Eircom wireless stick

Do you mean that you've inserted a wireless adapter into your PS3? You don't need to, the PS3 has a wireless capability built in. Just go to the left hand menu on the XMB and down to the network settings, create a new connection and scan for the wireless access point (the router) and enter the settings you need there.

totalflooring Registered User

Its an Broadband Meteor Wireless stick I have.
Its a USB Stick which just plugs straight into the ps3 or a laptop.
Laptop finds it straight away but the ps3 doesn't find it at all.

Please help as it doing me head in.

F1ngers Moderator

totalflooring said:

Its an Broadband Meteor Wireless stick I have.
Its a USB Stick which just plugs straight into the ps3 or a laptop.
Laptop finds it straight away but the ps3 doesn't find it at all.

Please help as it doing me head in.

Try this, replace vodafone with meteor...might work...might not...

3DataModem said:
Can be done easily in VISTA or XP.

Connect computer to PS3 using supplied Ethernet cable. Some people say that the supplied cable won't work because it is not a "crossover cable". They are wrong (unless your computer or OS is very old or unpatched).

Connect to the internet as normal using your Vodafone 3G thing.

Go into network connections, and right-click on the Vodafone 3G connection (which should be "active" or "connected" or whatever).

Select "sharing".

Check the box that says "sharing". In the drop-down just below it, select "LAN" or similar (that effectively shares the internet connection to whatever is connected on the Ethernet port).

You may be good to go. If not then go into Ps3 settings -> "Network Settings" and ensure they are set correctly (can't remember what they should look like - will post again later when I'm sitting at PS3 / laptop).

Some people say that the 3G services aren't fast enough for gaming. I've played LPB and RFOM with no problems with mine... in particular RFOM was lag free.

Washington Irving Registered User

Hey everyone,
This is not a major problem, but its annoying me. OK, when I click X on my PSN to access trophy info. It gets to 32% then says error no._________, (can't remember error code, will post it tomorrow). I wouldn't mind but since the latest update I wanted to make my PSN colourful, but can't. So I want to know whats causing this and how to fix it.
Any help would be much apreciated.
Cheers

mcgovern Registered User

SAULGOODE9 said:
Hey everyone,
This is not a major problem, but its annoying me. OK, when I click X on my PSN to access trophy info. It gets to 32% then says error no._________, (can't remember error code, will post it tomorrow). I wouldn't mind but since the latest update I wanted to make my PSN colourful, but can't. So I want to know whats causing this and how to fix it.
Any help would be much apreciated.
Cheers

Only new to PS3 myself, but I just keep trying and eventually it synchs.

kasm Registered User

Senenpeter said:
Own a 60G PS3, old model (purchased on HMV Grafton st at midnight some rainy evening in Nov 06!)

Installed the latest PS3 update on Friday, 3.10 I think, was in the middle of COD5:MW2 then suddenly it crashed, saying I need to shut down the PS3 properly or the hard drive will become corrupt.

Then it didn't turn on at all. Its the standard yellow blink followed by flashing red light when I tried.

Before I ship it off (attempt the complex youtube fix with heat gun) did any one else have this problem in the last week since the update/playing MW2? There are some other guys who have on the playstation forums.

This sucks big time

Hi,
I've just experienced the same issue- stuck the update on Saturday and it died within a few minutes with Saints Row 2.

Buggery.

stevoslice Registered User

My ps3 can download demos perfectly from playstation store, but when it comes to getting the unlock key i get error code 80710102. this also happens when i try to download the Gran Turismo Time Trial. Any help would be much appreciated guys. I also cannot connect to ps home, getting timed out messages when i attempt to accept the terms and conditions.

I am sharing an Internet connection through my laptop to my ps3, and connecting to the net using a wireless 3g internet device.

anyone know any fixes.

Jackobyte Registered User

thebhoy said:
My ps3 can download demos perfectly from playstation store, but when it comes to getting the unlock key i get error code 80710102. this also happens when i try to download the Gran Turismo Time Trial. Any help would be much appreciated guys. I also cannot connect to ps home, getting timed out messages when i attempt to accept the terms and conditions.

I am sharing an Internet connection through my laptop to my ps3, and connecting to the net using a wireless 3g internet device.

anyone know any fixes.

Maybe if you are running xp, go to control panel, Internet options, then to the security tab. There click on local intranet and put its security level to the bottom.

Hope this works.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!