ddaa Registered User

Does anybody know where offers the best student discounts? on food entertainment, clothes, books, anything?

Or does anyone know where doesn't offer any discount but really should?

jenfiction Registered User

Most student discounts are around 10% off. It can be great when you're buying something expensive. Topshop, HMV and most cinemas give dicounts. Apple give student discounts when you order off their website too. I think it's around 8%.

If you have a student travel card, there's more places that give discounts with that like Subway and 3 stores. Always ask when you're gonna spend a lot of money anywhere because not all stores advertise it.

Bijoux Registered User

Subway do discounts??? Sweet.....

Most places do ten percent....I work in Faith Shoes and our student discount has been bumped up to 15%...havent seen anywhere else that high though...

Sometimes I hate asking cos it makes me feel like a cheapskate.....then again, I AM a pennypinching student

chelsey Registered User

I just bought a Macbook and got $200 off because I was a student.

acehigh92 Registered User

ddaa said:
Does anybody know where offers the best student discounts? on food entertainment, clothes, books, anything?

Or does anyone know where doesn't offer any discount but really should?

this site gives a list of all student discounts
also Micard, offer discounts, but its just in cork at the moment. and you need to buy a card for €10 as far as i can tell studentsmart.ie you dont need a card just your studnet ID

mhogan101 Banned

So many places do student discounts but don't advertise it and it is embarrassing asking in certain places, check out sites like travel card, vip card, student smart.ie , student deals some serious discounts to be had you just need to look...

dragonfly! Registered User

heatons and A-Wear have a 15% discount for students

goosey gander Registered User

Macdonalds do as well and the bagel factory!!!Heatons give a 10% discount too

falipo Registered User

Heatons is only 10%...but specsavers do 25% afaik!

Jade182 Registered User

can you still get a student discount card if you're doing a PLC?

Anna88 Registered User

No I did plc last year and didn get my student discounts Im afraid....

peltor Registered User

Collegelink do a specific student transport to Kerry-Cork /Kerry-Limerick and visa versa to Tralee wkd trips with free wifi access for the price €12 each way,what makes collegelink unique is they will drop students off as close as possible to their accomodation especially handy on wet sunday nights,they have a special offer of a month's free travel to all those students that enter competions at moment.check www.collegelink.ie

cookerj Registered User

I just discovered a site called www.discountsonline.ie, amazing deals! Unfortunately I live in Dublin but for everyone who doesn't they have a deal on there for the 4 star Mount Herbert Hotel in Sandymount where you get a 4 course meal, night in the hotel and a full breakfast for.... wait for it..... €44.50 per person!!

Few beauty salons and other things. Looks like it's a new site so prob better to check back in a couple of weeks as they might have loads more.

1 person has thanked this post
flemishgael Registered User

Hi all, does anyone know of any other student discounts and is it worth it?
Looked at http://www.studentcard.ie www.collegelink.ie www.discountsonline.ie
Would be most interested in travelling as I travel around Ireland a lot for my studies (to Archeological sites) by rail and bus.
I do have a UCC student ID but would like to know more about other discounts.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!