LibraMan Registered User

Does anyone know if there are any Turkish barbers in Dublin? When on holidays in Turkey, I went for a 'haircut'. But to call what I got a mere haircut would do the barber a disservice. It included a vigorous scalp, neck and shoulder massage, a steaming hot towel on the face, rubbing in of several different oils and lotions and even burning - yes burning - off of all the downy fluff on the face and ears. I came out of there looking and feeling 10 years younger. In fact, I went back for a second 'haircut' in the same week! If there was a barber like that in Dublin I'd go regularly.

The barbers in Regent Street, Temple Bar have a Turkish guy working there. He's good. Prices are reasonable too. He offers the traditional Turkish services you require.

LibraMan Registered User

boneless said:
The barbers in Regent Street, Temple Bar have a Turkish guy working there. He's good. Prices are reasonable too. He offers the traditional Turkish services you require.

Thanks boneless - I'm on my way!

Dinter Registered User

There's one on Aungier Street.

Just passed it on my way back to work but didn't have time to note the services etc.

Jay D Registered User

sounds interesting, wonder what the cost is. I'm not fond of spending too much on a haircut

I went into the local barbers last week for a hair cut that happens to be Turkish run. I was seriously taken a back by the quality of the hair cut I got.

Those guys really put a lot of effort into a €10 hair cut, they put the more expensive places to shame.

1 person has thanked this post
LibraMan Registered User

Where was that KTRIC?

I agree that the Turks could teach the native crowd a thing or two about service. That was something I found in general in Turkey. In my experience, businesses there treat their customer like royalty: not like the 'what the f**k do you want' school of customer service that we accept as the norm in Ireland.

helimachoptor #TitanUp

KTRIC said:
I went into the local barbers last week for a hair cut that happens to be Turkish run. I was seriously taken a back by the quality of the hair cut I got.

Those guys really put a lot of effort into a €10 hair cut, they put the more expensive places to shame.

Got one in Galway when I was down for the races, In was in Oranmore in a stone building, top quality service.

LibraMan said:
Where was that KTRIC?

I agree that the Turks could teach the native crowd a thing or two about service. That was something I found in general in Turkey. In my experience, businesses there treat their customer like royalty: not like the 'what the f**k do you want' school of customer service that we accept as the norm in Ireland.

In Munich, sorry

There's a lot of Turks here.

Kevin-ken Registered User

hi, I am a Barber in Uk, for som reason I have to move in Dublin. I am working now in this shope. <SNIP> I do hot towel shave, thrading, haire Cut, and you know some moor,
I am looking for a job In Dublin as a Hairdreser or Barber, If ther is any one to give me a job in doblin I will move over,
I am from austria and I can speak thurkish, German, English, persian.
so if you intrested I like to know how is life in Dublin, thanks
thanks

Mod Edit: I realise that this is your first post but I'm afraid Kevin we cannot permit personal advertising. Other posters could PM you for details instead. Thanks. WA.

manon Registered User

LibraMan said:
Where was that KTRIC?

maybe because of rivalry, competition high in Turkey, services are really cheap and stuff is warm to the customers.
there is Turkish saying meaning something like that: "the customers are our patrons "

artvandulet Registered User

Surely the Waldorf on Westmoreland St is the place to go.
I've only been there a couple of times but got hair cut with head and neck massage and hot towel shave. Excellent.
I think it may be the oldest Barbers in Dublin, if not Ireland, and has a real 40's art deco charm to it. Really cool.

Peteemax Registered User

artvandulet said:
Surely the Waldorf on Westmoreland St is the place to go.
I've only been there a couple of times but got hair cut with head and neck massage and hot towel shave. Excellent.
I think it may be the oldest Barbers in Dublin, if not Ireland, and has a real 40's art deco charm to it. Really cool.

i went here with my father class place. what a treat.

Irlbo Registered User

Theres one on Marlborough Steet off O'Connell St and Parnell St

Little place on Camden street does a really great service. Across the road from Green 19 cafe

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!