• Meteor (35.48%)
  • 3 (14.52%)
  • O2 (32.26%)
  • Vodafone (17.74%)
Bulmers Registered User

Hey all, this has probably been done before but would be just interesting i think to see peoples opinions on this.

What is the best mobile network provider in Ireland? I know it's a loaded question as there are many different criteria to take into account, i.e. bill charges, mobile BB reliability, network quality etc but more on a high level view.

I've been with with 3 of the 4 except Meteor but of O2, 3 and Vodafone, i find Voda the best all round, although i do think i suffer from slightly more dropped calls with them but overall in other terms, cost ( free VF to VF calls etc ) find them the best

drunkmonkey Registered User

I'm going to say 3 beacuse you can do so much more with your mobile....02 number 2, then vodafone......meteor are not there just yet...but that can call all change......

drunkmonkey stumbles off to find a hard hat

Meteor all the way for me!! In to my 2nd year with them and i find them brill!

1 person has thanked this post
Sam Vimes Registered User

drunkmonkey said:
I'm going to say 3 beacuse you can do so much more with your mobile....02 number 2, then vodafone......meteor are not there just yet...but that can call all change......

drunkmonkey stumbles off to find a hard hat

my list is yours but back to front

1 person has thanked this post

Sam Vimes said:
my list is yours but back to front

What's the story fella?

Bob the Builder Registered User

o2,
then voda,
then meteor,
then Three.

I must admit i have vested interests. as i work for a shop that deals in o2, but we also deal in three, and i hate three so much.

but tbh, after getting the job in the shop, i switched from voda to o2 and i am actually delighted..

does anyone else find that voda costs a lot of money? and imho, o2's offers of free texts to any network is much better than vodafone's "vf --> vf" only..?

voyager Registered User

I have been with all companies except tesco and 3, as for the rest, vodafone and o2 are 2 expensive for calls outside of any deals one might be on, and despite some people i know complaining about meteors reception and coverage i have to say i am with them a long time and never had any such trouble.

METEOR for me, all the way.

voyager

strecker Registered User

I agree it's interesting to see what people have to say about their networks, but a poll with such a "loaded" question???
It's so simple: every network is great, until they screw you, don't have the phone you fancy, and then another network is better... Add to that what people like to do on their phone, how much money they have to spend/waste, and the answers turn caleidoscopically esoteric...

O2 have the best prepay data rates - keep you really off the net

and of course "best" can mean so many things. what's mainly good for me is really cheap calls and texts so i'm on meteor but i also want internet access so until this meteor 3g trial started i carried around a 3 phone with me just for the internet (yes i am a nerd) because to do it on meteor would bankrupt me

so "best" depends on what you're looking for

Sam Vimes said:
and of course "best" can mean so many things.

so "best" depends on what you're looking for

Very True...

Best for customer service 02
Best for content 3
Best for cheap calls and texts Meteor
Best for catchy adverts Vodafone

Would you agree Sam...?

drunkmonkey said:
Very True...

Best for customer service 02
Best for content 3
Best for cheap calls and texts Meteor
Best for catchy adverts Vodafone

Would you agree Sam...?

yes i would

Ah-Watch Registered User

Best for me: Vodafone
1: Vodafone, I'm pretty loyal- best customer care, good offers, best coverage and no one can deny that, overall my favourite

2: Meteor, Cheap... Cheap... My next preference

3: 02, not a fan as the breaks in the websh*te(often out for maintanance), When you ring customer care you often have to wait almost ten minutes to speak to someone, bad customer care-yes their mannerly but asking for a handset to be blacklisted 3 times is a joke and waiting 2 months for a nokia unlock code is outragious, but good offers within the last year!

4: Three, okay just wasn't established enough when I was on them before!

But of course so many things come into considersation, friends on the same network, now vodafone are doing free any network texts I'm happy as punch!

Ah-Watch said:
Best for me: Vodafone
1: Vodafone, I'm pretty loyal

You gold watch is in the post sir

Walkman Registered User

Never had a problem with 3. Find the prices great, coverage perfect and services brilliant. Have had little dealings with customer care and in each case problems were small and easily resolved. Now looking at the SE C902. Anyone using it on 3 or any other network? Is it worth the money?

1huge1 Registered User

Been with 3 for three years now and have saved so much money being with them and been able to get so much more from my phones etc.
Dead cheap internet and great packages on pay monthly works perfect for me.

2 people have thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!