angeldaisy Moderator
#571

158.9 for unleaded today at the station opposite roxboro garda station - Bennetts??

#572

is it just me or does anyone else find the petrol in Emo Clare street water??put 20e in last wednesday (have a 1.4) got me to work in castleconnell twice i put 20e saturday into it at Maxol Dalys Cross when my light came on and im still a quather full and ive done 4 trips to castleconnell from town since

phog Registered User
#573

xxlauraxxox said:
is it just me or does anyone else find the petrol in Emo Clare street water??put 20e in last wednesday (have a 1.4) got me to work in castleconnell twice i put 20e saturday into it at Maxol Dalys Cross when my light came on and im still a quather full and ive done 4 trips to castleconnell from town since


I would use it fairly often and haven't noticed any reduced mileage and I do checks fairly often. I use there or Groody mostly.

bazz26 Registered User
#574

Stopped getting my diesel there ages ago as I always seemed to get less miles from a full tank. Stopped getting it at Tescos too, found the car down on power a little after filling there. Tend to stick with Maxol or Topaz now.

Jofspring Registered User
#575

xxlauraxxox said:
is it just me or does anyone else find the petrol in Emo Clare street water??put 20e in last wednesday (have a 1.4) got me to work in castleconnell twice i put 20e saturday into it at Maxol Dalys Cross when my light came on and im still a quather full and ive done 4 trips to castleconnell from town since


Have also heard this so never bother going there. Usually go to amber on the old cork road or apple green if i'm out that way.

I never really notice a difference in petrol stations to be honest. I usually get about the same mileage out of a full tank no matter where I go.

1 person has thanked this post
Mc Love Registered User
#576

Never noticed anything wrong with Emo Diesel. Its the same as every other station. I usually go wherever the best price is

Seamus B Registered User
#577

Low Price Fuels (Kilcornan) was closed yesterday afternoon when i passed. Last week they were 143.9 for Diesel and 155.9 for petrol.
They didn't last long if they are closed. About 2 months.
It has to be dodgy fuel at that price, the man who has/had the lease is from Monaghan, so you can guess where he is getting the fuel, well thats my thoughts anyway.

phog Registered User
#578

I wonder do they sell any ink for printers out there.

1 person has thanked this post
manna452121 Registered User
#579

Seamus B said:
Low Price Fuels (Kilcornan) was closed yesterday afternoon when i passed. Last week they were 143.9 for Diesel and 155.9 for petrol.
They didn't last long if they are closed. About 2 months.
It has to be dodgy fuel at that price, the man who has/had the lease is from Monaghan, so you can guess where he is getting the fuel, well thats my thoughts anyway.
Have a look at my post 562

TestTransmission Registered User
#580

padma said:
or else exploiting visitors to the hospital


I would imagine this being the main reason.

Brian Lighthouse Registered User
#581

€1.549/l at Amber, Old Cork Road, today at lunchtime.
€1.599/l at Topaz, Thomondgate this morning.
€1.600/l at both Singland/Groody this afternoon.

I haven`t seen 5c gap in a long time.

Damn, I`m starting to doubt myself. I`m wondering was it Diesel that was displayed on top? Amber usually have the petrol on top don`t they?

Kess73 Registered User
#582

Brian Lighthouse said:
€1.549/l at Amber, Old Cork Road, today at lunchtime.
€1.599/l at Topaz, Thomondgate this morning.
€1.600/l at both Singland/Groody this afternoon.

I haven`t seen 5c gap in a long time.



And a 10c difference if you compare the cheapest on your list to the 164.9 at the Topaz beside the Regional hospital.

peckerhead Registered User
#583

manna452121 said:
The custom people were doing a major check at the Kilcornan station/Coach Inn in the last hour also Garda had a truck stopped at the nearby church.
I noticed that had reopened, and was tempted by their prices but I held off because (like Seamus B) I figured it had to be the same kind of set-up as the crowd in Pennywell, whose shítty laundered Norn Iron diesel goosed my air flow mass meter, costing me €120...

Brian Lighthouse Registered User
#584

Sorry lads,
In a liberal democracy "cartels" don`t exist, you all need to upgrade your vocabulary to version LibDem2.012. The accepted term is "oligopoly".


Here is a definition:
ol·i·gop·o·ly/ˌäliˈgäpəlē/

Noun:A state of limited competition, in which a market is shared by a small number of producers or sellers.

1 person has thanked this post
bucks73 Registered User
#585

Tesco Coonagh was €1.559 for diesel yesterday.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!