angeldaisy Moderator

158.9 for unleaded today at the station opposite roxboro garda station - Bennetts??

is it just me or does anyone else find the petrol in Emo Clare street water??put 20e in last wednesday (have a 1.4) got me to work in castleconnell twice i put 20e saturday into it at Maxol Dalys Cross when my light came on and im still a quather full and ive done 4 trips to castleconnell from town since

phog Registered User

xxlauraxxox said:
is it just me or does anyone else find the petrol in Emo Clare street water??put 20e in last wednesday (have a 1.4) got me to work in castleconnell twice i put 20e saturday into it at Maxol Dalys Cross when my light came on and im still a quather full and ive done 4 trips to castleconnell from town since

I would use it fairly often and haven't noticed any reduced mileage and I do checks fairly often. I use there or Groody mostly.

bazz26 Registered User

Stopped getting my diesel there ages ago as I always seemed to get less miles from a full tank. Stopped getting it at Tescos too, found the car down on power a little after filling there. Tend to stick with Maxol or Topaz now.

Jofspring Registered User

xxlauraxxox said:

Have also heard this so never bother going there. Usually go to amber on the old cork road or apple green if i'm out that way.

I never really notice a difference in petrol stations to be honest. I usually get about the same mileage out of a full tank no matter where I go.

1 person has thanked this post
Mc Love Registered User

Never noticed anything wrong with Emo Diesel. Its the same as every other station. I usually go wherever the best price is

Seamus B Registered User

Low Price Fuels (Kilcornan) was closed yesterday afternoon when i passed. Last week they were 143.9 for Diesel and 155.9 for petrol.
They didn't last long if they are closed. About 2 months.
It has to be dodgy fuel at that price, the man who has/had the lease is from Monaghan, so you can guess where he is getting the fuel, well thats my thoughts anyway.

phog Registered User

I wonder do they sell any ink for printers out there.

manna452121 Registered User

Seamus B said:
Low Price Fuels (Kilcornan) was closed yesterday afternoon when i passed. Last week they were 143.9 for Diesel and 155.9 for petrol.
They didn't last long if they are closed. About 2 months.
It has to be dodgy fuel at that price, the man who has/had the lease is from Monaghan, so you can guess where he is getting the fuel, well thats my thoughts anyway.
Have a look at my post 562

TestTransmission Registered User

padma said:
or else exploiting visitors to the hospital

I would imagine this being the main reason.

Brian Lighthouse Registered User

€1.549/l at Amber, Old Cork Road, today at lunchtime.
€1.599/l at Topaz, Thomondgate this morning.
€1.600/l at both Singland/Groody this afternoon.

I haven`t seen 5c gap in a long time.

Damn, I`m starting to doubt myself. I`m wondering was it Diesel that was displayed on top? Amber usually have the petrol on top don`t they?

Kess73 Registered User

Brian Lighthouse said:
€1.549/l at Amber, Old Cork Road, today at lunchtime.
€1.599/l at Topaz, Thomondgate this morning.
€1.600/l at both Singland/Groody this afternoon.

I haven`t seen 5c gap in a long time.

And a 10c difference if you compare the cheapest on your list to the 164.9 at the Topaz beside the Regional hospital.

peckerhead Registered User

manna452121 said:
The custom people were doing a major check at the Kilcornan station/Coach Inn in the last hour also Garda had a truck stopped at the nearby church.
I noticed that had reopened, and was tempted by their prices but I held off because (like Seamus B) I figured it had to be the same kind of set-up as the crowd in Pennywell, whose shítty laundered Norn Iron diesel goosed my air flow mass meter, costing me €120...

Brian Lighthouse Registered User

Sorry lads,
In a liberal democracy "cartels" don`t exist, you all need to upgrade your vocabulary to version LibDem2.012. The accepted term is "oligopoly".

Here is a definition:
ol·i·gop·o·ly/ˌäliˈgäpəlē/

Noun:A state of limited competition, in which a market is shared by a small number of producers or sellers.

bucks73 Registered User

Tesco Coonagh was €1.559 for diesel yesterday.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!