http://www.vodafone.ie/planscosts/prepay/current/

Same deal as meteor but 39c to call other networks, 13c for text messages and 15c/min voicemail and a 6c minimum call charge.

It's kicking off now. Just waiting til someone (other than 3 who frankly no one sees as a competitor) launches a prepay data plan! They'll all come out together and irish customers will rejoice again

drunkmonkey Registered User

3 pre pay is still better than the vodafone and meteor offers if you have to call people off network...

5cent calls, texts, video messages, picture messages, 18cent to landlines, 18 cent to other 3 phones, 35cent to all other mobile, free msn & free skype...
No minimum call charge, Free Voicemail, Per second billing....

People stuck with there head in the mud might not see them as competition, but I bet someone in vodafone is wondering where 20,000 customers went last year.....

Mmmm wonder what 3 will come out with next for pay as you go http://www.three.co.uk/personal/price_plans_/pay_as_you_go_/do_more.omp Your dreams may be answerd yet!!!

long_b Registered User

Fairly vicious, isn't it ?

Sam Vimes Registered User

drunkmonkey said:

5cent calls, texts, video messages, picture messages, 18cent to landlines, 18 cent to other 3 phones, 35cent to all other mobile, free msn & free skype...
No minimum call charge, Free Voicemail, Per second billing....

i'm assuming that was a mistake?

drunkmonkey said:

People stuck with there head in the mud might not see them as competition, but I bet someone in vodafone is wondering where 20,000 customers went last year.....

tbh, the problem with 3 isn't their offers, it's their level of service

Sam Vimes said:
i'm assuming that was a mistake?

tbh, the problem with 3 isn't their offers, it's their level of service

No mistake, they are cheaper and always have been

http://www.three.ie/priceplans/3pay.htm

I've no problem with there service and i've been with them over 2 years, after dealing with eircom and BT I find it hard to fault there service in comprison...

120_Minutes Registered User

drunkmonkey said:

http://www.three.ie/priceplans/3pay.htm

I've no problem with there service and i've been with them over 2 years, after dealing with eircom and BT I find it hard to fault there service in comprison...

nowhere on that page does it say calls are 5c

.....should have gone to specsavers.

drunkmonkey said:

i was specifically talking about the 5c calls bit, the bit i highlighted. they're 18c no?

drunkmonkey said:

i've had some problems

Jonathan Registered User

drunkmonkey said:
I bet someone in vodafone is wondering where 20,000 customers went last year.....

They went to meteor.

Captain Morgan Registered User

Nice to see the networks are waking up to the competition and releasing these offers so quickly.

jmccrohan said:
They went to meteor.

Now that I don't believe...

Sam Vimes said:
i was specifically talking about the 5c calls bit, the bit i highlighted. they're 18c no?

i've had some problems

Err....that was a typo, I should have said free calls, 5cent is a little steep, cough, cough, "skype" wait 24hrs and see does it fix itself....

Sam, I wouldn't have the patience, i'd be straight on to the manager and i'd hound that one person until the problem is sorted, get a point of contact and stay with them until it's sorted...

Captain Morgan Registered User

drunkmonkey said:
Now that I don't believe...

I have always found Meteor to be cheaper than Three. Was on Three for a few months and was nearly going through twice as much credit as I would on Meteor.

Plus they have a better CC.

drunkmonkey said:

Sam, I wouldn't have the patience, i'd be straight on to the manager and i'd hound that one person until the problem is sorted, get a point of contact and stay with them until it's sorted...

i asked to speak to higher people all the time but they refused.

the other day a friend of mine had to call them the other day because since he ported to meteor from o2, no 3 numbers can call him. basically 3 never updated their systems so they still think he's on o2 and so anyone on 3 who calls him gets a number not in service message. i'm sure everyone reading this can see that the problem is obviously at 3's end and nothing to do with his phone. unfortunately, 3 customer care didn't see this

he asked to speak to the technical team and was refused until the person he was talking to went through the normal basic pointless troubleshooting procedures.

1. she told him to turn his phone off and on (it's been going on for two months)

2. when that didn't work she told him to turn it off, take the sim card out and leave it a few minutes

3. she asked what phone he has and when he said a nokia 2630, she suggested that it might be because he didn't have a 3g phone. he reminded her that he's on meteor

so these and many more stupid questions until he was finally transferred to the "technical team" and the woman went through exactly the same troubleshooting procedures. so he asked to speak to the technical team again and she said ok. who had he been transferred to you might ask....

so he got transferred to a third person.....who went through exactly the same procedures. finally he asked for a trouble ticket to be raised and she went away for a minute and then said it was done. so he asked for the ticket number and she said "oh.....emmm......i'll have to ask you a few questions" and proceeded to go through the same questions again because she had been lying when she said she raised a trouble ticket.

these are not isolated incidents

btw, the problem is still not fixed

Jonathan Registered User

Sam Vimes said:
i asked to speak to higher people all the time but they refused.

the other day a friend of mine had to call them the other day because since he ported to meteor from o2, no 3 numbers can call him. basically 3 never updated their systems so they still think he's on o2 and so anyone on 3 who calls him gets a number not in service message. i'm sure everyone reading this can see that the problem is obviously at 3's end and nothing to do with his phone. unfortunately, 3 customer care didn't see this

he asked to speak to the technical team and was refused until the person he was talking to went through the normal basic pointless troubleshooting procedures.

1. she told him to turn his phone off and on (it's been going on for two months)

2. when that didn't work she told him to turn it off, take the sim card out and leave it a few minutes

3. she asked what phone he has and when he said a nokia 2630, she suggested that it might be because he didn't have a 3g phone. he reminded her that he's on meteor

so these and many more stupid questions until he was finally transferred to the "technical team" and the woman went through exactly the same troubleshooting procedures. so he asked to speak to the technical team again and she said ok. who had he been transferred to you might ask....

so he got transferred to a third person.....who went through exactly the same procedures. finally he asked for a trouble ticket to be raised and she went away for a minute and then said it was done. so he asked for the ticket number and she said "oh.....emmm......i'll have to ask you a few questions" and proceeded to go through the same questions again because she had been lying when she said she raised a trouble ticket.

these are not isolated incidents

btw, the problem is still not fixed

Hahaha... To make it worse, you are dealing with people who speak broken english...

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!