craichoe Registered User

Online checkin requires a passport ????

Since when ?
I never used my Passport with KLM, Ryanair or Aerlingus. Just the flight confirmation number.

MrPudding Registered User

craichoe said:
Online checkin requires a passport ????

Since when ?
I never used my Passport with KLM, Ryanair or Aerlingus. Just the flight confirmation number.

For Ryanair? Since always.

MrP

craichoe Registered User

MrPudding said:
For Ryanair? Since always.

MrP

When do they check your passport?

Online checking i just go through security and show my boarding card at the other side.

ImDave Registered User

craichoe said:

Online checking i just go through security and show my boarding card at the other side.

So what have you been using as photo ID at boarding? Security has always checked the passport number printed on my boarding card against that on my passport.

axer Registered User

craichoe said:

I honestly cannot remember but im pretty sure they check your passport against the name on the online checkin printout at the gate.

Davy Category Moderator

axer said:
I honestly cannot remember but im pretty sure they check your passport against the name on the online checkin printout at the gate.

+1 normally look close enough too

chuckles30 Registered User

They always seem to check that the name, passport number, expiry date etc correspond to the boarding pass. It's done at the departure gate.

Hitchhiker's Guide to... Registered User

Just noticing there are four threads in the forum in the last two weeks devoted to Ryanair. Quite the achievement by our nation's young airline - certainly one of the consumer issues forum's 'most popular' companies to discuss.

Let's use this thread to make your comments, ask your questions, rant and praise. At the very least it'll provide a source of information to passengers and potential passengers. I'll update this first post over time with any advice and a FAQ (as subsequent posts in the thread provide this advice)

Blue_Wolf Registered User

My friend was getin a flight to the uk there last weekend. On the board his flight number said departing from Gate X so he wont down to gate X and said boarding Barcelona. He was waiting for 45minutes and than that flight left and up popped on the board london now boarding so he walked up with his ticket and they said oh that flight has already left. He said well on the board there is says boarding. The rep oh ya theres a problem with that, its the other way round we are boarding barcelona, the other flight was london. He said how was i suppose to know that, i didnt hear an announcement. She replies sorry theres nothing I can do. He went over to the help desk and they said we can put u on another flight in an hour but will cost you 250euro. What the f**k???? Thats a disgrace, thats robbery!!

Fighting Irish Registered User

He didn't hear the call so its ryanairs fault

jhegarty Registered User

How is that anything to do with ryainair... his complaint should be with the daa (assuming is dublin)

Blue_Wolf Registered User

it was ryanairs flight, he paid ryanair for it so if he missed his flight because of them than his complaint should be with them. The Daa I would have assumed would do with control within airport.

jhegarty Registered User

Blue_Wolf said:
it was ryanairs flight, he paid ryanair for it so if he missed his flight because of them than his complaint should be with them. The Daa I would have assumed would do with control within airport.

DAA run the airport, ie. the faulty display which caused him to miss the flight...

axer Registered User

I cannot understand how the flight was not called out over the intercom or why the guy didnt ask someone whilst the flight was boarding if it was boarding around the time he should be boarding.

jhegarty Registered User

axer said:
I cannot understand how the flight was not called out over the intercom or why the guy didnt ask someone whilst the flight was boarding if it was boarding around the time he should be boarding.

And why only person was left behind ?

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!