trek climber Registered User

blorg said:
If it was a blue Trek 5000 with Easton wheels, that would be Trek_climber.

Definitely not me, at 1pm last Sunday I was still in Killarney.
40 ish.. definitely not me !!!

Caroline_ie Registered User

c0rk3r said:
No hands, Pheonix park, Sunday, in the wrong cycle lane yup sounds like me alright. Only saw one other cyclist in the park that day. 40-ish year old man on a trek but with a name like caroline_ie i doubt that was you.

No hands was to straighten out my back (need to sort out my nerd posture)

That was you then. I was driving... shame on me I know.

blorg Registered User

trek climber said:
Definitely not me, at 1pm last Sunday I was still in Killarney.
40 ish.. definitely not me !!!
Ha OK, yes, you were in Killarney come to think of it, I was talking to you in the train station. Bit of a brain fart there.

Do many of you train in the Phoenix park?
I know I do, quite often, because i am sometimes too lazy during the week to go anywhere else ...

Jep Gambardella Famously Vigorous Service Provider

Caroline_ie said:
I know I do, quite often, because i am sometimes too lazy during the week to go anywhere else ...

Very rarely. Now and then I'll go in on the way back from a spin to get a bit of extra time in as its close to home. Don't like the roads there though. The back stretch between the North Circular and Castleknock should be great, but the speed bumps and poor surface ruin it.

niceonetom Registered User

Caroline_ie said:

i do . i was going down there 2 or 3 evenings a week for a few laps before the w200, but i've gotten out of the habit of the midweek stuff since. too lazy. but i have intentions to get back to it properly. i'd be surprised if we haven't crossed paths at some stage. i'd usually be on a black fixie with bullhorns? ring any bells?

el tonto said:
The back stretch between the North Circular and Castleknock should be great, but the speed bumps and poor surface ruin it.

yeah the surface there is in bits and the speedbumps are severe. they're resurfacing the whole road at the moment starting at the zoo end and working their way up which i'm looking forward to, it's already much better on the other side on the park where they did it last year. i just find doing laps to be mind numbingly boring now that i've gotten used to getting out in wicklow.

beans Registered User

I'm currently learning how to ride my road bike in the Phoenix park, after 20 years on and off various MTBs and hybrids it's a real learning curve!

Finally managed to get the fit right yesterday, so will be back out tonight to fine-tune things. The bike seemed to disappear under me at one point, almost disconcertingly comfortable

Shall keep my eyes skinned for jerseys.

niceonetom said:
i'd be surprised if we haven't crossed paths at some stage. i'd usually be on a black fixie with bullhorns? ring any bells?

MMMMmmmmm I might have seen you... I'll look out for you.

beans said:
I'm currently learning how to ride my road bike in the Phoenix park, after 20 years on and off various MTBs and hybrids it's a real learning curve!

I Don't think i have seen you ...

I'll look out starting tonight!

Mmmm Yeah ... Identification will be easyer with Boards Jerseys, i was starring at every cyclists out there tonight hehe

Makikomi Moderator

Caroline_ie said:
Mmmm Yeah ... Identification will be easyer with Boards Jerseys, i was starring at every cyclists out there tonight hehe

Since this thread started (and me getting back in the saddle again) I'd have to say 'You and me both'..

I have a mental image of a boards.ie jersey cyclist being chased by a rag-tag army of fellow cyclists in all many off attire and bikes.

Spotted someone this morning. You were coming down Georges Street at around 8:20 in your boards gear. I was going the other way, in Orwell kit.

seamus Dental Plan!

el tonto said:
Spotted someone this morning. You were coming down Georges Street at around 8:20 in your boards gear. I was going the other way, in Orwell kit.

Could have been me. If I looked like a fred on a full-sus, then it was me

seamus said:
Could have been me. If I looked like a fred on a full-sus, then it was me

Only got a glimpse, but it looked like a red bike?

seamus Dental Plan!

el tonto said:
Only got a glimpse, but it looked like a red bike?

Yeah, that's me.

omri Registered User

so how can I buy this jersey ?

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!