Scram Registered User

About 10 mins ago my username and password to oceanfree.net has stoped working, can anyone tell me is there a problem or has my account been stolen?

An error has occurred
W10: Cannot login to host (pop.oceanfree.net:110)
W11: User or Password incorrect for account (-ERR Login failed.)
W13: POP open failed
W14: Login failed, try again
W15: Logging out user {account@pop.oceanfree.net} )
W20: User login error

a ping to pop.oceanfree.net failed, server down?
Sorry im just panicing a bit here please help.

GerardKeating Registered User

Scram said:
About 10 mins ago my username and password to oceanfree.net has stoped working, can anyone tell me is there a problem or has my account been stolen?

An error has occurred
W11: User or Password incorrect for account (-ERR Login failed.)
W13: POP open failed
W14: Login failed, try again
W15: Logging out user {account@pop.oceanfree.net} )
W20: User login error

a ping to pop.oceanfree.net failed, server down?
Sorry im just panicing a bit here please help.

happening to me with a few accounts as well.

Scram Registered User

phew ok at least its not my account gone, thanks for replying

Gadgetman496 Registered User

Scram said:
phew ok at least its not my account gone, thanks for replying

They are down at the moment.

-

darlett Registered User

Cheers lads,
Same problem here, so I guess its just a sit and wait situation.

unkel Category Moderator

It's back now...

rmacm Moderator

Anyone else still having problems with this? I'm still getting an error similar to the OP when I try webmail and when I try with Thunderbird it craps out too.

LibraMan Registered User

I just tried to access an Oceanfree mail account I haven't used in years. I can log on to the webmail interface and view the contents of my inbox the last time I checked mail. But when I try to retrieve new mail I get the error:

E28: Error reading from pop/smtp (Success)
W11: User or Password incorrect for <my user name> (-ERR Temporary problem, please try again later

I have another account that has no problem. It seems the webmail and POP passwords are out of sync for the old account. The 'Help' and 'Forgot Your Password?' links on the Oceanfree site are broken!

CuLT Pro-fessional. Anti-oxidant.

Guys, get some new email accounts.

Oceanfree is what, 5mb of space? Awful web interface that will never be upgraded (hasn't been for years) and has a really interesting bug where if you type in the @oceanfree.net part of your mail address instead of just the username it fubars your account and is basically unfixable.

This is probably what happened to your account LibraMan.

rmacm Moderator

Wonderful....meh it doesn't look like it's going to be fixed at this stage. I was mainly using it for boards mails and a few other mailing lists.

montydorito Registered User

i use g-mail off google 5stars

partyatmygaff Registered User

who still uses that awful email?
I used it back in 2001 for like 10 days and then joined hotmail, then yahoo, then walla, then gmail and now back to good ol' yahoo(Best interface EVER)

mickmaca Registered User

Hi there, does anybody know how to close down a dormant E-Mail account at Oceanfree.net, as I keep getting spam messages delivered to the Oceanfree.net account and I don't use it anymore but the messages are being forwarded to my present G-Mail account. Proper pain in the ass.

yoyo Moderator

mickmaca said:
Hi there, does anybody know how to close down a dormant E-Mail account at Oceanfree.net, as I keep getting spam messages delivered to the Oceanfree.net account and I don't use it anymore but the messages are being forwarded to my present G-Mail account. Proper pain in the ass.

In Gmail settings just remove the OceanFree email account under Settings>Accounts should work? I doubt it's possible to have these accounts closed down as the companies keeping them going wouldn't be keen on maintaining them I imagine. A lot of these will possibly go the Unison.ie road.

Nick

Gone Drinking Registered User

Oceanfree?

It worked, Marty!

3 people have thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!