thefinalstage Registered User

Grizzly 45 said:
Hmmm,if you have zombies ala I am legend ,or 28 days later.They looked like the speedy types..They might get to Galway or wherever a bit quicker.

28 days later and I am legend had monsters not zombies. Both still had heart beats so they never died and thus never rose.

Doctor DooM Moderator

thelastangryman said:
28 days later and I am legend had monsters not zombies. Both still had heart beats so they never died and thus never rose.

Zombies are a type of monster... I know it's a bit anal but hey, thats me.

SDooM said:
Zombies are a type of monster... I know it's a bit anal but hey, thats me.

Humans are monsters too. The term is applicable to nearly any creature if you ask the right person.

Doctor DooM Moderator

thelastangryman said:
Humans are monsters too. The term is applicable to nearly any creature if you ask the right person.

"The term "monster" refers to a being that is a gross exception to the norms of some ecosystem"

Wiki

Human definitely fits in there.

FX Meister Registered User

I think you could sneak aboard an airplane. But then when you arrive what tools are you going to use to fix the TV. I know the sun had everyone out in droves today but I had coffee for breakfast. If he really wanted to be in that film then he would have let the producers know. Surely it's not too mad to pay 6.20 for a pint in town? Nah, don't bother going to ricks anymore, the food is terrible.

gerk86 Registered User

well, thanks to the dozens of zombie movies around we know what NOT to do, i.e shoot the lock off a petrol pump handle with a shotgun.

irish_boy90 Registered User

gerk86 said:
well, thanks to the dozens of zombie movies around we know what NOT to do, i.e shoot the lock off a petrol pump handle with a shotgun.

generally anything that ends with your zombification. however we have learned how to end it all like a hero.
such as in the dawn of the dead remake (you know what part I am talking about

Doctor DooM Moderator

irish_boy90 said:
generally anything that ends with your zombification. however we have learned how to end it all like a hero.
such as in the dawn of the dead remake (you know what part I am talking about

Girls missing a leg can come in handy, too.

Make sure to have one shraphnel grenage with you. I have a theory that a shrapnel or frag grenade held at head height would kil a good few zombies. Use it as a last stand screaming. "I left the water running!!!"

SimpleSam06 Registered User

Feral Mutant said:
Fully dead/reanimated zombies may be slow but living people who got infected or bitten aren't. And they'd probably head as far away from the zombies as they could and towards groups of other people where it's "safe".

We have another advantage though, in that we have instant communications. After the first wave, word would quickly get around and anyone displaying symptoms would have no chance of infecting anyone else. In order for that to be a problem you'd need a long gestation period, no indication that they had been infected, and very rapid onset and resurrection rates. Random strangers wandering in bandaged would not have a chance to do any damage.

rocky25 Registered User

At least Blonde Wimmins would survive

Zombies only eat Brains

Somnus Moderator

I suppose it would also depend on whether it starts here or somewhere else. As someone already said, we'd be alright seen as we're an Island. Just close the ports and airports and keep a good eye out for anything trying to get it.

In the case of a boat of survivors from somewhere else there would definitely have to be a quarantine procedure. Someone might be infected that we're unsure of.

Might be a different matter if it started here...

Grizzly 45 Registered User

thelastangryman said:

BUT they still had the same objective;Lunch down on your ass.

Grizzly 45 said:
BUT they still had the same objective;Lunch down on your ass.

Did they ever actually show anyone getting eaten in 28 days later? I thought those lads were berserker's?

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!