bradaun Registered User
#1

Does anyone know the cost of having contractors put up sheep fencing, ie, sheepwire and two strands of barbed with treated posts at 3 yard intervals?

Also, the cost of sheep-proof fence using concrete posts, again using a contractor?

Thanks a mil.

B

ravima Registered User
#2

I don't know the cost, but Farm Relief I found are ebst for any fencing jobs. You can reclaim the VAT element from Revenue Commissioners. It is far better than getting a 'cash' job from someone as they have some quality standards, which the cash chap may not have

wallycool Registered User
#3

I got fencing done last year and it cost me 5.50euros a metre with two strands of barbed and sheep wire ,a post was every 5 yards. It was a cash job. Excellent job

#4

ravima said:
I don't know the cost, but Farm Relief I found are ebst for any fencing jobs. You can reclaim the VAT element from Revenue Commissioners. It is far better than getting a 'cash' job from someone as they have some quality standards, which the cash chap may not have



my uncle reckons farm relief are not only much more expensive than a private contractor , they usually have different staff ( cheap foreign ) in one week and out the next

razor8 Registered User
#5

sheep wire cost €40 for 50m roll with 7 squares galvanised and grant approved, good post are anything from €2 to €2.75 depending on sizes. a few very good contractors in Cavan/Leitrim area

kfk Registered User
#6

Can vat be reclaimed on the cost of labour for sheep fencing? I know it can be reclaimed on post and wire. Labour for erecting sheep wire, barb wire and posts (5 yards) is costing me 1.20/metre.

meathstevie Registered User
#7

Of course you can reclaim the VAT on the labour cost. You can reclaim all the VAT on the invoice. You could also ask your contractor to make you up an invoice stating something like "sheep fencing supplied and fitted, xxx yards at xx euro/yard".

brownswiss Registered User
#8

I would be interesting to have some updated prices now since the new spec has come in for the treated posts

#9

At those prices I'd do it myself

Done (I lie, I've the stakes up, waiting on wire) 160 metres internal fence over bad ground just 3 foot sheep wire, no barb, for €275. At €5.50 a meter that's €880

No doubt they'd use better quality material than I have, but still...

brownswiss Registered User
#10

johngalway said:
At those prices I'd do it myself

Done (I lie, I've the stakes up, waiting on wire) 160 metres internal fence over bad ground just 3 foot sheep wire, no barb, for €275. At €5.50 a meter that's €880

No doubt they'd use better quality material than I have, but still...


Actually they will NOT use better quality material unless you pay extra for it.

Username John Registered User
#11

I got a quote for grant spec stuff, for the Sheep handling scheme from FRS start Feb (so may be out of date now, need to check actually)

7' strainers = €14.87
6' posts, 4-5" = €5.57
Sheep wire = €123.96
HT barbed wire = €42

Those prices are ex-VAT.. So that works out about 3euro / metre.

charityboy Registered User
#12

wallycool said:
I got fencing done last year and it cost me 5.50euros a metre with two strands of barbed and sheep wire ,a post was every 5 yards. It was a cash job. Excellent job

a costly job

charityboy Registered User
#13

Username John said:
I got a quote for grant spec stuff, for the Sheep handling scheme from FRS start Feb (so may be out of date now, need to check actually)

7' strainers = €14.87
6' posts, 4-5" = €5.57
Sheep wire = €123.96
HT barbed wire = €42

Those prices are ex-VAT.. So that works out about 3euro / metre.

prices on the posts and strainers are about right the prices for wire are through the roof try stockproof fencing products for a price on wire they are the main importers for tornado wire in ireland

gazahayes Registered User
#14

I just got a few loads of stakes and sheep wire.
works out at 90 euro cash for the sheep wire and
paying about 2.50 for 6 foot 4 inch round profile/pencil stakes.
Didn't want vat docket so didn't have to pay it makes it cheaper anyway

jullins Registered User
#15

gazahayes said:
I just got a few loads of stakes and sheep wire.
works out at 90 euro cash for the sheep wire and
paying about 2.50 for 6 foot 4 inch round profile/pencil stakes.
Didn't want vat docket so didn't have to pay it makes it cheaper anyway


great price for teh wire where did u get it?

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!