kevteljeur Registered User

I haven't seen it myself (not in that area much) but a friend of mine just sent me a photo of airsoft rifles on sale in a Polski Sklep on Capel Street, Dublin. Near the bridge, I believe. If anyone is in the area, can they confirm that, and if they are true AEGs or springers?

kdouglas Registered User

Probably the usual overpriced junk to be honest. I wouldn't expect much more

Fuzzytrooper Moderator

I was talking to a Polish friend and he says that airsoft gear in Poland is a lot cheaper. I'm thinking that if it's a Polish shop then they might be importing the stuff from Poland?

zero19 Registered User

Must be about 10,000 Polski Skleps in Ireland now, be more original polish people!

dont people working in them refuse to server non polish people, ive heard such anyway

kdouglas Registered User

Lads, please keep any polish/poland stereotype or rumours/hearsay out of this thread, thanks.

Stercus Accidit Registered User

Considering all airsoft guns come from hk or japan anyway, I cant imagine polish airsoft is cheaper.

Feck it, we have it cheap enough anyway with clones, what do people want?

senordingdong Registered User

They're probably just crappy spring yolks.

Sod'o swords Registered User

Was walking by a shop near Christ cathedral(sorry i'm not that good with the auld names) and i saw a g36c being placed on the front window, not sure if it was a AEG or springer. Also no idea of the name of the shop.

o1s1n Registered User

Sod' said:
Was walking by a shop near Christ cathedral(sorry i'm not that good with the auld names) and i saw a g36c being placed on the front window, not sure if it was a AEG or springer. Also no idea of the name of the shop.

Do you mean Christ Church? I'm up there every day, where abouts was it? Wouldn't mind checking it out.

kevteljeur Registered User

I'm wondering if seeing AEGs everywhere isn't just some sort of symptom of rabid obsession to a sport

horgan_p General Dogsbody

i'm more worried that its encouraging fools (scumbags) to buy them.

Sod'o swords Registered User

o1s1n said:
Do you mean Christ Church? I'm up there every day, where abouts was it? Wouldn't mind checking it out.

Sorry yeah Christ church. Eh now i'll only be able to give you the general area, i'll point it out to you on some form of map, you'll have to wait till this evening though.

Spetzcong Registered User

horgan_p said:
i'm more worried that its encouraging fools (scumbags) to buy them.

While I do share your concerns to a degree I don't think that just because a shop is in what some people may view as a dodgy area it means that it's going encourage scumbags to go out robbing grannies with airsoft rifles. Nearly all of the walk in airsoft shops in Dublin are in what snobbier observers might describe as less than salubrious areas i.e. Blanch, Bray, Cabra. I've not seen the shop in question, but I'd be less concerned about where it is than I would be about who is running it and whether their motivation is to make a quick buck off the legalisation of airsoft or whether they are genuinely interested in supplying decent airsoft equipment.

I would point out though that, in my opinion, the airsoft market in Dublin is already well supplied with retailers, and I would be quite skeptical of any new retailer opening who wasn't planning to bring something significantly new and different to the market.

TheDoc Registered User

and i find the use of scumbags etc very snobby, how do you fine define one as such?

fair enough if you mean someone who is going to use the item for mis use, but hopefully not just because of location of birth etc or manner in which you speak.

i noticed eirsoft in cabra is located in a housing estate similar to which i used to hang around in, not everyone from these places is "scummers"

id be weiry of going to skirmishes and getting dirty looks because of the way i talk or because of what im wearing...

then again could work as a positive, might be afraid to shoot me incase if knock your block off

p.s i wouldnt

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!