xxkarenxx Registered User

Ha Ha thats ok!! She does pick up but sometimes gets her into trouble-she seems to have taken the flamboyant approach to life!!

napoles Registered User

Better than a half hearted approach!! She's really lovely.

Yeah I suppose it is! Big turn around for her cos when she started out she was not impressed with x country at all. Went schooling and took 20 mins to get her on a bank and then another 40 to get her off it!! And as for water.........

napoles Registered User

xxkarenxx said:
Yeah I suppose it is! Big turn around for her cos when she started out she was not impressed with x country at all. Went schooling and took 20 mins to get her on a bank and then another 40 to get her off it!! And as for water.........

Wow, you must have really won your girl over!!!
I think you get that cautiousness with mares though. Geldings generally seem that bit more cocky. Mind you, when a mare trusts you, I think they'll try their heart out for you!

napoles said:
Wow, you must have really won your girl over!!!
I think you get that cautiousness with mares though. Geldings generally seem that bit more cocky. Mind you, when a mare trusts you, I think they'll try their heart out for you!

Well it's certainly true for this mare she had a big turn around she's unstoppable cross country-now its her dressage thats the problem!!!

same pictures again, I seem to have deleted them from the other post. ooops!!

http://javascript:void(0);

Borderfox Moderator

Lovely shots Karen, good stretch over the oxer

Cheers Borderfox, my sister took them.

And here is Diarmuid a.k.a. 'the bold one'

Borderfox Moderator

Thats really nice Karen, he doesnt look bold

Ah thats what he wants you to believe!!

katiemac Registered User

Hi Borderfox,

Fantastic photos.
What camera do you use and how much would it cost to get started?

Borderfox Moderator

I use a Canon 1dmk3 and a Canon 5d with a variety of lenses from 17mm to 300mm. You can use any camera to get nice shots of Horses, I started with a 5 mega pixel one from Argos (below) You can really spend a lot to get started but if you get a cheapish camera and try it out and see if you like it

Borderfox Moderator

Kill Equestian Centre

Dromeskin 1 Day Event

I just cant resist putting one of my boy in too

1 person has thanked this post
Borderfox Moderator

Fairyhouse today

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!