Can anyone recommend a decent program or website for downloading films that I HAVE TO PAY FOR? Is "Grabit" of any use?

I don't mind paying, someone told me about a program you sign up for a tenner and can download films and preview them before downloading to ensure they're decent quality. I thought they said this feature was through "Grabit" which I downloaded but it seems awkward to navigate.

Cheers in advance.

Tom Dunne The dam has broken, many years too soon

Oh I can see this thread lasting a while.

Varkov Registered User

In before lock.

Have you tried checking what language they're in before downloading them?

There must be some sort of site/program like itunes but for films, as i said i dont mind paying if it takes all the hassle out of trying to get a decent download and somehthing i can actually watch.

unreggd Registered User

if ye dont mind payin, go the cinema or buy the DVD!!

AlmightyCushion Moderator

What ever you do don't go to xtravision. Bunch of scam artsts. I went to buy a film in there and when I got home and opened the box there was some sort of shiney coaster thingey in it.

Alanstrainor Moderator

how has this thread lasted this long? in before the lock

unreggd Registered User

unreggd said:

No need to say it twice, im not deaf!
I use itunes but i still buy cd`s. So your cinema/buy the dvd comment is a bit stoopid.

Well, if ye dont want to mention freeshare programs fair enough, anyone know any good film site which give partial trailers/previews of films. A general film site like, with news on latest releases, etc..

tman Registered User

Last minute in before the lock action

degsie Registered User

trailers.apple.com is a great site for movie trailers.

btw, why are people getting excited about this thread getting locked? Probably the same people who rubberneck accidents.

Legit question by the op.

Kintarō Hattori Registered User

In fairness we don't know what was originally posted by the OP as his first few posts have been edited by irlrobins. So he was possibly discussing 'dodgy' sites, programs etc which would lead to the thread being locked.

irlrobins Registered User

eo980 said:
So he was possibly discussing 'dodgy' sites, programs etc which would lead to the thread being locked.

Nail. Head. Hammer.

Fabio Registered User

Apple are supposed to be launching a movie download service much like itunes soon enough so keep an eye out for that OP.

EDIT:

Just found the link where I read it: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7188849.stm

Stephen louis walsh has pie!

If you've got an Xbox 360 you can do downloadable movie rentals from Xbox live now too.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!