KBarry Registered User

Anybody used this crowd? Are they really ace? I want to finish with Oxigen as they don't do tags and we only need our bins empyting once a month.

WildIrishRose Registered User

Yeah, they have being reliable for me.. Like yourself i dont need the bin emptied every week.. Tag's can be bought for €16 in a few place around town, the avenue road etc... I think you pay €80 for the bin and to register.. Other than that, no more bills...

Good choice leaving Oxygen...

Bard Registered User

We switched and now we find them far better value than Oxigen. Nicer bunch of people too, in my experience.

Oh and we don't buy tags, we have a bill with them...

noels little bu Registered User

i am with them also and i find them very good. you can get a large or small bin. the large one was 50 euro and the tags cost 16. the tags for the small bin are 8 euro.

Srameen Registered User

I have been with them since they started and they are wonderful. The service is prompt and efficient. Nice people to deal with too. I save over €200 a year against Oxigen. They now do a €5 recycling tag which saves me loading the car to go to the re-cycling plant every month. Their bin takes more than twice what I could fit in the car and I don't have the €2 charge at the recycling plant.
Yes. Great company. Great value. Fullest prise!

Does somebody have contact details for them? (phone number address etc.) I cant find them online in the phonebook! Thanks!

Wertz Registered User

Bard said:
We switched and now we find them far better value than Oxigen. Nicer bunch of people too, in my experience.

Oh and we don't buy tags, we have a bill with them...

Getting tired of oxigen and their standing charge caper; how does billing work?
What about bins? Do Ace provide black and green/brown or is it worked differently?

Found some details for Ace if anyone is interested in contacting them! (Hopefully it's the right Ace!)

This is from the Monaghan Online Business Directory pages:

http://www.monaghanonline.ie/items.php?id=690

Bard Registered User

Wertz said:
Getting tired of oxigen and their standing charge caper; how does billing work?
What about bins? Do Ace provide black and green/brown or is it worked differently?

They direct debit you €30 per month. There's no recycling bin, just the one (red) one.

Just after ringing them about prices. For a regular collection service its €360 per year for a large bin and €240 for a small bin. For the tags service you pay €50 for a bin and then the tags are €16 for a large bin tag and €8 for a small bin tag. (As in post number 4 above.)

Srameen Registered User

Bard said:
They direct debit you €30 per month. There's no recycling bin, just the one (red) one.

They do a re-cycling bin at €5 per tag with a monthly collection. The bin takes a lot more than 2 trips by car to the re-cycling centre that then charges me €2 admission.

dm09 Registered User

Wertz
Getting tired of oxigen and their standing charge

Oxigen are a pack of f**king Cowboy Gangsters!!, Just got their bill this morning. How can they justify a fuel surcharge when the wholsale price of fuel has fallen by almost 70% in the last year and the economy is in negative growth!!!

Definitly gonna look into switching to Ace!

MariMel Registered User

Switched to Ace towards end of last year.......was soooo glad to move over from that other crowd.........A really nice company to deal with, only thing i will say.....make damn sure you have your bin out the night before......the collect mine just after 6 in the morning!
The other company really need to get up to speed with their customer care......twice i filled in the forms to pay them by direct debit...twice they 'didnt' receive them......baring in mind one time i filled them in in the office and handed them directly back to the person behind the desk!!!!
All this only to receive a bill not 3 months, not 6 months but 9 months later saying that i hadnt been paying them.

So far so good with Ace...I have a DD with them.....really nice guy came out to the house and i filled in the form.....it was all set up promptly and easily.
I'd defo recommend them.

positron Registered User

KBarry, thank you for bringing this up. I am with Panda (didn't have a choice when they changed from tag system to subscription), but I am always looking for 'pay per lift' type service as I only need my black bin emptied once in six to eight weeks or so..! I guess I will be talking to Ace in a few months time.

noels little bu Registered User

with ace you get the orange bin 4 your rubbish with is 20 euro to empty and a blue bin for recycling which is emptied every 3 weeks..i think that is 10 euro per empty...i hope that helps...

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!