• Yes (28.13%)
  • No (53.13%)
  • Atari Faguar (18.75%)
Overheal Covfefe Connoisseur

People find ****** offensive, and some other people find faggot offensive: so if youre a gay black person - well, sh*t.

No, I avoid such mean labels

L1011 Moderator

Overheal said:
People find ****** offensive, and some other people find faggot offensive: so if youre a gay black person - well, sh*t.

No, I avoid such mean labels

I note with interest that boards.ie's filters find one offensive and not the other!

Boston said:
More then likely people will just view you as a tool who says things simply to be controversial /moronic.

More than likely most people will not simply notice.
From what I can see most people don't have issues with the word faggot which isn't associated with the same sort of negativity as the word N****r.

Boston Banned

People consciously or sub consciously take note of what others say/do. Now most people wouldn't react to someone constantly using the term faggot for the shake of it, but mentally a few boxes like "Insecure" and "child" will start to be ticked.

JupiterKid Registered User

I find the term "faggot" highly offensive. It's IMO the gay equivalent of "******."

That said, I don't think Fairytale in New York should have been edited. Kirsty McColl did'nt intentionally set out to offend gays with that line. And anyhow the song came out in 1987 when there was very different social climate to the LGBT community. You couldn't get away with those lyrics in a new song today.

Interesting how the N word was automatically edited from my post but "faggot" was not? Maybe the mods here could raise this with the Admins of Boards.ie? I'm not really happy with such selective anti-discrimination policy.

L1011 Moderator

JupiterKid said:
Interesting how the N word was automatically edited from my post but "faggot" was not? Maybe the mods here could raise this with the Admins of Boards.ie? I'm not really happy with such selective anti-discrimination policy.

I raised the same issue in post 17, I'm not terribly pushed over it and I suspect its an oversight, but its an oversight none the less.

Boston Banned

Its a feature of Vbulletin. The admins don't have a policy of adding or subtracting things from the swear word filter, but rather leave it at default settings. If you wish to have to term added to the swear word filter, post a thread in the helpdesk forum. I suggest you do so in a polite manner as an accusative tone is more then likely to get their backs up.

I made a complaint to the admins about the "Fggt" word not being banned on boards.ie whereas the N word was. It looks like the admins have decided to ban the Fggt word.

I hope no-none sees me as being overly PC about this...

Boston Banned

Cool. See the system does work, you just have to know how to go about it.

BuffyBot Administrator

Actually, I do.

Boston Banned

Wasn't saying you didn't.

BuffyBot Administrator

Well, he did ask

Stark Registered User

JupiterKid said:

I hope no-none sees me as being overly PC about this...

As long as I still get to say mittens.

Excellent...

Varkov Registered User

99% of the time when I say f@ggot it's not ment to be a derogatory way of calling someone homosexual.

Sh*thead : Im not saying your head is disgusting and smelly

C*nt : Im not saying your a giant vagina

Porch monkey : Your lazy, not neccicerily black and lazy.

The gays always seem to be so uptight about this sort of thing. Like getting f@ggot sensered from boards? C,mon.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!