Just in case you didn't see watchdog on BBC or hear Gerry Ryan this morning. There seems to be a fault with the Russell Hobbs kettle model 10789. It has a glass lid. Apparantley over 900 units were sold in the Republic but Russell Hobbs felt it didn't warrant a recall.

To ascertain if your 10789 model kettle is one of those affected by the recall:

Look at the oval label on base of kettle.
On that, there’s a four-digit number with a letter suffix.
Kettles which are part of the recall have numbers 0531M to 0621M, and aren’t marked with a green dot.
If the batch code on your kettle falls within these numbers but has a green dot, it’s been checked and modified, and doesn’t need to be returned.
Return it to your retailer where you purchased it.

Attachments
Untitled-2.jpg
kim_eire Registered User

i got one of them as a present and its faulty, would you know where i could return it to??

Guy:Incognito Registered User

I was listening to Gerry Ryan. Thought it was funny the way they kept saying about how it could be fall on a small child if you were lifting it over them. Might be just me but why would anyone lift any kettle of boiling water over a small child? Even without the fault making the handle come off, theres lots of things that could cause a kettle to fall.

thefinalstage Registered User

Stekelly said:
I was listening to Gerry Ryan. Thought it was funny the way they kept saying about how it could be fall on a small child if you were lifting it over them. Might be just me but why would anyone lift any kettle of boiling water over a small child? Even without the fault making the handle come off, theres lots of things that could cause a kettle to fall.

That didn't make sense to me either. The child could tug at your clothes, startle you and get a face full of h2o. Not pleasant.

JohnC. Registered User

kim_eire said:
i got one of them as a present and its faulty, would you know where i could return it to??

You return it to the shop where it was bought.

dudara Administrator

The National Consumer Agency has a feature about this on their website.

Irish consumers who have a kettle from the affected batch are advised to contact Beaumark Limited at 3 Park West Industrial Park, Nangor Road, Dublin 12 or by phone on 01 620 5200.
Alternatively, consumers can contact Salton Europe directly at: Russell Hobbs, Salton Europe Limited, Failsworth, Manchester, M35 0HS or by email at service@saltoneurope.com

anotherlostie Registered User

I had to return something to Russell Hobbs. Turns out their agent in Ireland is Beaumark who are in Park West. But do not deal with them directly; they are disastrous. Better to go to the shop where you bought it as advised above.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!