il gatto Registered User
#16

The flying monkeys or when the house crushed the Wicked Witch of the West.

Pigman II Banned
#17

Dudess said:
Aw Christ, that's just horrible!


Oz is probably the most graphic tv show I've ever seen. Ironically tho I never find it to be gruesome or grim. It's almost farcical in its construction. Oz is basically West Side Story meets Shakespeare meets a weekend on the town with Senator David Norris.

I'd defo recommend it to you.

Mossy Monk Registered User
#18

Dudess said:
Presume it's more graphic than Prison Break. Please don't tell me Prison Break is WORSE?!


Prison Break doesn't come anywhere near the awsomeness that is Oz. Oz is one of the most graphic tv shows I have ever seen though.

Lockstep Boondock Saint
#19

Pigman II said:
Oz is probably the most graphic tv show I've ever seen. Ironically tho I never find it to be gruesome or grim. It's almost farcical in its construction


*sings*
"sometimes truth is stranger than fiction"

mossy monk said:

Prison Break doesn't come anywhere near the awsomeness that is Oz. Oz is one of the most graphic tv shows I have ever seen though.


+1
Agreed, Prison Break is mildly diverting but most of the people I know who are into it are emotional teenage girls who whine that T-Bag said he'd rape someone. or something.
Oz had Adebisi raping schibetta and Schibetta going loco as a result
beat that. It kicks the ****e outta Prison break

The scenes with Vern and Tobias in the first season were horrible. I just wanted Beecher to smack him in the head. The scene where Vern is making him lick his boots is grim. Really grim. I was just hoping Beecher would take advantage of his position to cold-cock Vern's balls. i think we all feel for Beecher. He's a nice, loving family man who's hopelessly out of depth in prison before he flips and gets a reputation as a psycho.

The scene with Beecher and Robson in season 2 with the fellatio was wonderful, you see Beecher locked in the hole, and he spits out Robson's cock. Genius. It was great once Beecher stood up for himself.


I love the scene in season 3 where Vern tries to stab Tobias in the gym, and Keller and the Muslims pile in against the Aryans. It was a great scene to be sure.
Or when the Aryans are gonna rape Adam, and the Italiens pile in.
Great stuff

Degsy Banned
#20

There was scene wher Peter schibetta tried to re-asert his manhood by attacking Schillinger in the workshop.He ended up getting bashed and raped by three of them.nasty.
I also thought the scene where Adebesi pours boiling soup over Poet and some other guy and thier resulting screams as they're taken to the infirmiry was particularly horrible.
BTW,i have pretty much all episodes on VHS if anybody wants them send me a PM

MikeHoncho Registered User
#21

kickoutthejams said:

Agreed, Prison Break is mildly diverting but most of the people I know who are into it are emotional teenage girls who whine that T-Bag said he'd rape someone. or something.
Oz had Adebisi raping schibetta and Schibetta going loco as a result
beat that. It kicks the ****e outta Prison break


What do you mean beat that? The way you are going on it sounds like you "Beat it" to disturbing rape scenes. Your the one who is acting more like a teenager. The measure of the show is not in how graphic or disturbing it is. Oz was never meant for a mainstream audience and hence never got one. Prison Break is written for the masses to enjoy.

Your going on like these disturbing scenes are cool. Well they are not cool. Are they neccesary to tell the story they were trying to tell? Yes they are. But to say Prison Break is a worse show because it doesnt depict graphic scenes of male rape is a little on the sick side. It is not neccesary for Prison Break to show these scenes for the story they are telling.

Degsy Banned
#22

MikeHoncho said:
What do you mean beat that? The way you are going on it sounds like you "Beat it" to disturbing rape scenes. Your the one who is acting more like a teenager. The measure of the show is not in how graphic or disturbing it is. Oz was never meant for a mainstream audience and hence never got one. Prison Break is written for the masses to enjoy.

Your going on like these disturbing scenes are cool. Well they are not cool. Are they neccesary to tell the story they were trying to tell? Yes they are. But to say Prison Break is a worse show because it doesnt depict graphic scenes of male rape is a little on the sick side. It is not neccesary for Prison Break to show these scenes for the story they are telling.



Prison Break is a load of crap.Ridiculous storylines and terrible acting and it has all the realism of an evening with Podge and Rodge.It was trying to be OZ but they didnt have the skill to pull it off.OZ has some of the best storylines,characterisations and acting ever in a TV drama.The scenes of violence were completely justified and handled very movingly and with great power.If prison break is so good..let me just ask one question...why didnt the authorities sling yer man with the tatoos in another prison that he DIDNT have the blueprints for?Rubbish.

MikeHoncho Registered User
#23

Degsy said:
Prison Break is a load of crap.Ridiculous storylines and terrible acting and it has all the realism of an evening with Podge and Rodge.It was trying to be OZ but they didnt have the skill to pull it off.OZ has some of the best storylines,characterisations and acting ever in a TV drama.The scenes of violence were completely justified and handled very movingly and with great power.If prison break is so good..let me just ask one question...why didnt the authorities sling yer man with the tatoos in another prison that he DIDNT have the blueprints for?Rubbish.


I think you should re read my post. I already said the violence in Oz was justified in the story they were trying to tell.

What I was pointing out was that saying Prison Break is crap because it is not as violent is a complete load of sh!t.

Prison Break is for a mainstream audience on FOX.
Oz for niche audience on HBO.

HBO is a unique channel that allows writers alot more freedom to write this kind of TV (Sopranos anyone) You cant compare them.

Lockstep Boondock Saint
#24

MikeHoncho said:

What I was pointing out was that saying Prison Break is crap because it is not as violent is a complete load of sh!t.

Is this post talking about me?
If so. please don't put words in my mouth.


MikeHoncho said:
What do you mean beat that? The way you are going on it sounds like you "Beat it" to disturbing rape scenes. Your the one who is acting more like a teenager. The measure of the show is not in how graphic or disturbing it is. Oz was never meant for a mainstream audience and hence never got one. Prison Break is written for the masses to enjoy.

Your going on like these disturbing scenes are cool. Well they are not cool. Are they neccesary to tell the story they were trying to tell? Yes they are. But to say Prison Break is a worse show because it doesnt depict graphic scenes of male rape is a little on the sick side. It is not neccesary for Prison Break to show these scenes for the story they are telling.


Read my post properly and you'll see that never said Oz is better due to graphic violence etc. I said people act like PB a very disturbing graphic show. Oz is far more brutal and violent. I put "beat that" and "kicks the ****e" in a term as in
"you think prison break is violent?Oz is far worse"
beat that was meant sarcastically.
I'd appreciate it if you looked at a post properly before jumping down my throat.

Oz is popular in the US and has been mentioned in shows such as South park and family guy. I have American family and they all love Oz, told me it's a fairly big thing.. it just never took off in Europe to the same degree.

I can easily see this degenerating into a flame war but as you've said your piece, and I've said mine, I'm not going to respond to any more posts by you regarding this.

Lockstep Boondock Saint
#25

Degsy said:
There was scene wher Peter schibetta tried to re-asert his manhood by attacking Schillinger in the workshop.He ended up getting bashed and raped by three of them.nasty.


Agreed, that scene was horrible.
Sick stuff.

Pigman II Banned
#26

Most disturbing scene in Oz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddixkFMwkH0

Lockstep Boondock Saint
#27

I heart you!
That was fricking hilarious.

"what is this place?It's so cliquey"

"Whoever goes the longest without commiting male rape wins"

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!