Kotek Besar Registered User

Hi chaps,

Just wondering if anybody can provide me with any info regarding the above? I'm due to be moving into a rented house soon, and coming from an apartment which provided waste collection for free, I've no idea about how the bin collection system works in Waterford.

I heard there was a €140 annual charge, plus €7.50 a week? Surely that can't be right?

I found this link, but the info is sketchy..

Bards Registered User

benifa
Hi chaps,

Just wondering if anybody can provide me with any info regarding the above? I'm due to be moving into a rented house soon, and coming from an apartment which provided waste collection for free, I've no idea about how the bin collection system works in Waterford.

I heard there was a €140 annual charge, plus €7.50 a week? Surely that can't be right?

I found this link, but the info is sketchy..

€140 per year
€7.50 for Black Bin collection
€2.50 for Green & Brown bin collection

BBM77 Registered User

Wheelie bin.......city centre, don't get me started

The annual charge is a bit steep, it started at 80 I think, but if you are single occupier than you'll proberly only need to empty the green and black bins once in 6-9 weeks, the brown is entirely down to if you have lawns to cut!

Mike.

Thanks for all the valuable info guys, very much appreciated indeed..

conaire Registered User

if You Are Renting,then The Yearly 140.00 Charge Is Payable
By Your Land Lord as The Registered Owner Of The Property

if You Are Renting,then The Yearly 140.00 Charge Is Payable
By Your Land Lord as The Registered Owner Of The Property

Wow - thank you conaire. But do you have any official reference for that at all?

conaire Registered User

legally The Yearly Charge Is Down To The Owner With The Weekly
Charge Payable By The Tenant.

i Will Check Relevant Authority For Confirmation Asap.

conaire Registered User

ok ,according To Waterford City Council The Owner/s Of Private
Rented Apartments/flats, As In A Block Of ,are Responsible For
Yearly Charges.

however I Still Believe This Is So Also For Single Dwellings.
If You Are Renting Through A Rental Agency Ask Their Understanding Of This.

If You Can Ring Any Citizens Advice Office For Their Advice

Do not use capitals to emphasise everything as emphasis is lost!

Mike.

conaire Registered User

I shall go and stand in the corner for a while.
Many thanks !!!!!

I'm the idiot - I wrote capitals when I meant bold type!

Mike.

conaire Registered User

not to worry,
i dont think the cane is allowed any more( or the strap or fist )!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

echosound Registered User

yep, if you're renting a house, the landlord should be paying the annual charge with you paying for tags for the bin as and when you need to put it out for collection.
If it's rented through an agency, the agency should arrange the annual payment for you with the landlord form their end, you just might have to remind them to do so. We live in a rented house and the agent for the house sorts out sending out the annual charge stickers to us for the bins. another point, if you're renting on an estate that has an annual upkeep fee payable to the estate comittee for keeping greens maintained etc (some estates on the Dunmore road do this anyway), the landlord again should normally be paying this charge.

echosound
yep, if you're renting a house, the landlord should be paying the annual charge with you paying for tags for the bin as and when you need to put it out for collection.
If it's rented through an agency, the agency should arrange the annual payment for you with the landlord form their end, you just might have to remind them to do so. We live in a rented house and the agent for the house sorts out sending out the annual charge stickers to us for the bins. another point, if you're renting on an estate that has an annual upkeep fee payable to the estate comittee for keeping greens maintained etc (some estates on the Dunmore road do this anyway), the landlord again should normally be paying this charge.

echosound, thanks for this. But the landlord paying the €140 annual charge, is this a legal obligation of the landlord, or simply "the norm"? If the latter, I have little grounds to ask him to pay, and if he doesn't want to, I certainly can't force him.

If, on the other hand, it is indeed the landlord's legal obligation to pay the €140 annual charge, does anyone have a link to this legislation? I certainly can't find anything as yet..

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!