• I love cakee (50%)
  • I love cake (50%)
littleredspot Registered User
#181

Anyone going to this? http://www.ichf.co.uk/cake/
Thinking of heading over and back on Saturday

#182

Yeah I'm going over and back on the Friday, hoping to pick up a good few bits and pieces minus the mental postage costs

tootired Registered User
#183

That looks great - has anyone gone before? Can you buy items from the exhibitors, I went to an exhibition in the NEC in Birmingham but could only buy direct from exhibitors on the last day - had to place an order on the other days and get it sent. Mind you that was a costume jewellery exhibition so same rules may not apply.

guym Registered User
#184

another one of my cakes, just seeing if I can get the image come up instead of a link.


wow, that came out a bit big!! How do you resize the pics??

5 people have thanked this post
#185

tootired said:
That looks great - has anyone gone before? Can you buy items from the exhibitors, I went to an exhibition in the NEC in Birmingham but could only buy direct from exhibitors on the last day - had to place an order on the other days and get it sent. Mind you that was a costume jewellery exhibition so same rules may not apply.


Yeah you can buy from them no problem, was at the same thing before and the Squire's Kitchen one last Spring.

guym you should be able to resize the image on the site you uploaded it to first, then add it by url etc.

1 person has thanked this post
DreamC Registered User
#186

Select the resize option on the site you use to download your pics before you download them there. Usually 500 pixels is a nice size for posting photos.

guym Registered User
#187

One of my christmas cakes from a couple of years ago



Finally got this picture posting sorted. Thanks for the help! I've been making cakes for friends and family for a few years now would love to do it for a living but don't think it's feasible. Let me know what you think of the cakes, theres plenty more to see!!!

1 person has thanked this post
littleredspot Registered User
#188

tootired said:
That looks great - has anyone gone before? Can you buy items from the exhibitors, I went to an exhibition in the NEC in Birmingham but could only buy direct from exhibitors on the last day.


According to the website there's lots of shops. I was over at it a long time ago and ended up well laden down. If customs had of stopped me with all my little clingfilm wrapped packages of strange powders and potions and odd little tools I've booked a bag in for the return trip this time.

I'm going on the Saturday, if you've never been to the NEC its connected to the airport so couldn't be handier. Leave some bargains for the rest of us Spadina

1 person has thanked this post
littleredspot Registered User
#189

guym said:
I've been making cakes for friends and family for a few years now would love to do it for a living but don't think it's feasible. Let me know what you think of the cakes, theres plenty more to see!!!



Your cakes are certainly of a very good professional standard, do they take you long? I'm also very impressed by the photography, any tips?

If you're looking for suggestions I would say cover the boards in sugarpaste, it adds a lot to the look imho

guym Registered User
#191

Thanks for the comments. You are right about covering the boards, it definately makes the cakes look better, I've started doing that with some of my more recent cakes. They do take me a fair amount of time to do. As for the photography I just use a basic digital camera but sit the cakes on a large dark piece of cloth so the background is dark, it makes the cakes stand out more.

littleredspot said:
Your cakes are certainly of a very good professional standard, do they take you long? I'm also very impressed by the photography, any tips?

If you're looking for suggestions I would say cover the boards in sugarpaste, it adds a lot to the look imho

1 person has thanked this post
showgirlrita Registered User
#192

Cake I made for my niece's 4th Bday at the weekend.

Attachments
Hellokitty-1.jpg
3 people have thanked this post
D1976 Registered User
#193

Legendary

4 people have thanked this post
D1976 Registered User
#194

Rainbow Cake



from www.notquitenigella.com

3 people have thanked this post
tootired Registered User
#195

[ATTACH]131450[/ATTACH]

Attachments
dennis.jpg
2 people have thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!