qwert2 Registered User

Coffee experts........ where do you think you can get the best Cafe Latte or Cappuccino in Dublin?

At home

This thread may be of interest

banaco73 Registered User

I Agree Wtih GH At home is Always best

sourgrapes Registered User

3rd Floor Espresso (3fe) on middle Abbey Street, across the Luas tracks from Arnotts. Owned and run by the Irish Barista champion and 4th in the world. Amazing stuff. For me it's the best coffee in Dublin.

19 people have thanked this post
Doodee purple headed warrior

sourgrapes said:
3rd Floor Espresso (3fe) on middle Abbey Street, across the Luas tracks from Arnotts. Owned and run by the Irish Barista champion and 4th in the world. Amazing stuff. For me it's the best coffee in Dublin.

2nd that.

Fajitas! Registered User

+1 for 3FE.

johnnyrotten Registered User

At home , but when out I find Butlers hard to beat

1 person has thanked this post
PPC Registered User

sourgrapes said:

Another vote for 3FE, you won't find a better cup of coffee in Dublin.

Slaphead07 Registered User

PPC said:
Another vote for 3FE,

and another. Colin is also selling Hasbean coffee and a few other 'guest' coffees.

irish_goat Moderator

Another vote for 3FE too, had a cup in there this morning and it was easily the nicest I've ever had and nothing like your usual take out coffee.

Slidinginfinity Registered User

+1 for 3FE
Stopped in on Feb 5th and clearly this place tops anything I have had in Ireland.
Had a cappuccino, finished it and had to have another one. Lovely staff and met a fellow Boardie while finishing my second.

Wow is this third floor place new?

I've been going to La Corte (Epicurean Food Hall) and The Bald Barista (Aungier St) thinking these were the only two places for good espresso in Dublin

- how does this place on Abbey Street compare?

3fe is lovely alright, but if you are all the way over on the other side of the city (like me ) I have discovered the coffee in The Alliance cafe is quite decent too (thought not a patch on 3fe obviously)

Fajitas! Registered User

Red_Marauder said:
Wow is this third floor place new?

I've been going to La Corte (Epicurean Food Hall) and The Bald Barista (Aungier St) thinking these were the only two places for good espresso in Dublin

- how does this place on Abbey Street compare?

It's new enough alright, the official opening was about 3 weeks ago now, but it's been open since just before Christmas... I think?

If you've been going to La Corte, then 3FE is only down the road, is definitely worth a try. I'd go as far as say it's better than La Corte & TBB.

IamMetaldave Registered User

I haven't been in it for a long time, but the Mermaid Cafe on Dame St has excellent coffee!

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!