CountingCrows Registered User

Counting Crows - Round Here & Raining In Baltimore

CathyMoran Moderator

A Long December - Counting Crows. If you have ever been heartbroken this is very poignant.

Wake Me Up When September Ends - Green Day. I can not actually listen to this song it has me so upset. September was when a lot of bad stuff happened in my life (my mum's illness, my cancer). It is actually about the death of the singers father.

Dord Registered User

CathyMoran

Wake Me Up When September Ends - Green Day. I can not actually listen to this song it has me so upset. September was when a lot of bad stuff happened in my life (my mum's illness, my cancer). It is actually about the death of the singers father.

Yeah its a very sad song. Billie Joe's father died of cancer
Its strange as none of their previous songs have dealt with this. Its like all of it combined into one song.

I'm gonna add to this list with a pretty new song, by Bedouin Soundclash (Canadian band). The song is 12:59 Lullaby, I think it sounds pretty sad.

smilyhat Registered User

counting crows definitley have alot of songs that would go in this thread, would have to go with 'have you seen me lately' 'angles of the silences', however they have to be the live versions from the live album 'acroos the wire', classic stuff

Anto McC Registered User

frobisher
Died In Your Arms Tonight, Foreigner.

This song is by Cutting Crew not Foreigner.

Lullaby - David Gray
Mystery Of Love - David Gray
Falling Free - David Gray
Shine - David Gray

stick-dan Registered User

Try the song "Better Man" by james morrission,

A relatively new artist only public bout a year or so now although i know of him for like 4 years he has very emotive music that half the time doesn't get released. Try "BETTER MAN" brilliant song in my opinion.

Stereomaniac Registered User

What Else Is New by Dinosaur Jr. is a retty emotional one I think but it's more teary if youc an get your hands on the Peel Session version. It comes as an extra track on the reissue of Where You Been which came out last year. Can probably download it somewhere.

Timans Registered User

Nutshell - Alice n Chains , get the MTV Unplugged version.
Black - Pearl Jam, any version, Unplugged Version is exceptional though.
Song to Say Goodbye (with Video) - Placebo.

Another video is the Paul Potts audition for "Britains Got Talent". Astonishing.

Paulbronco Registered User

"What If It Was?" dedicated to the memory of Miami Showband members Fran O'Toole Tony Geraghty and Brian McCoy murdered in 1975

http://www.myspace.com/hurleypaul

Stereomaniac Registered User

H. by Tool

donomo Registered User

Columbine-Towns van zandt. stunning song.

Adrianco1978 Registered User

One of my favourites is "Broken Things" by Juliet Turner. I Heard it first at the service that was held for the people killed or injured a week after the Omagh bombing. Juliet sang it on the stage. It is a fantastic song and it is made extra special by her voice.

Bonj15 Registered User

5:19 by matt wertz
Youll Think of me-Tyler Hilton

dar_cool Registered User

Scorn Not his simplicity wrote by phil coulter best sung by Luke Kelly

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!