Rubberbandits Registered User

I am interested in becoming an art therapist but am having difficulty finding any info on the net about art therapy in Ireland? Does anyone know what courses are available. I already have a degree in Graphic design, which includes rather extensive art training.

snorlax Registered User

i started a thread on this a little while ago. as far as i know CIT in cor do it and so do Queens in Belfast.

Rubberbandits Registered User

What are the employment prospects like for art therapy? I heard the py is good but jobs are scarce.

cathy01 Registered User

no, Id say there is good jobs pros for art therapy.I know many who would use it,
Cathy

Crawford College of Art and Design (part of UCC) also offer Art therapy courses - I recently did their summer workshop and thought it was very useful...

great unwashed Registered User

Rubberbandits
I am interested in becoming an art therapist but am having difficulty finding any info on the net about art therapy in Ireland? Does anyone know what courses are available. I already have a degree in Graphic design, which includes rather extensive art training.

Is it necessary to have a degree to do it do you know? or could i get away with a portfolio and a B.A. in philosphy?

spinandscribble Registered User

in cork you need a degree in psychology with a good portfolio or a art degree. thats what a guidence coucillor told me but that was 3 years ago.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!